Time is out by about 10 minutes on my box!

winstano

Does anyone know how to manually adjust the date/time settings on a Sky HD box? My box is about 10 minutes out, and as such it's missed the start of a few recordings, mucho annoying!

Can't find anything in search on the forums, hence the new thread...

(To clear up, I had a problem with my box shutting down randomly, was expecting a replacement and it turned out to be a glitch in the software. One quick disabling of the auto shutdown feature and it was running fine again... But this is a new issue that appears to have happened over the weekend when I was away)

BrianMc

Does anyone know how to manually adjust the date/time settings on a Sky HD box? My box is about 10 minutes out, and as such it's missed the start of a few recordings, mucho annoying!
You cannot manually adjust the time! Is this a Thomson Sky+HD STB? If so people have previously posted that time going wild is one of the symtoms indicating that its power supply is on the way out!

A reboot is pretty much bound to sort out the time for the short term.

winstano

Cheers for the reply, somewhat annoying... Ah well, my box's "input 2" signal has completely disappeared as well, so I've called the bloke who came to fix the box before (he left me his personal mobile no instead of just his supervisor's as he only lives down the road), and he's popping over tomorrow afternoon to probably switch it out!

Edit: It is a Thompson box, so it looks like it's on the way out.

winstano

Engineer came round this morning and replaced my box with a shiny new Samsung :)

Although I've gone back to the old EPG... Shame really, as I'm one of those who quite likes the new one

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: REL T9/X Subwoofer + Bowers & Wilkins PI7 Reviews, AV Shows in a Pandemic and more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom