Time in motion Edinburgh Waverly station.....

icemanonline

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is shot using the Olympus E-PL5 at just after 18:00pm on a Monday.......optimum time and place to be and watch time in motion with so many souls going to so many places and that massive clock on the wall showing All the times for travel (Motion Part) and destinations and the constant traffic of humans (and pets) going everywhere and anywhere - If its on time!!

Time in motion Edinburgh Waverly by icemanonline, on Flickr

exif

AVF COMP EXIF MAY 14 by icemanonline, on Flickr

Hope you all like it..................I do.

ice

Nice one, Like the idea, even like the pp, but I think it may have been better with a longer shutter to get that ghost look as the people move around.

Thx
Nice one, Like the idea, even like the pp, but I think it may have been better with a longer shutter to get that ghost look as the people move around.

Thx.

I did think about that but the way the shot is taken with the selective colour....I wanted clear as possible people in all directions with different looks and walks.....and the shadows Al in the frame. To me that conveys movement and the time being the focal point and only colour also gives me the the title and effect I wanted.......

Ice

Looks like I may have scared away any potential comments or is this shot that Bad!!?:facepalm::eek:

143 views and just Ugg posted.

Ice

I think the lack of views just tells us about the oncoming summer and people being away from their PC's. Personally, I just have been too busy or alternatively, too tired, to do much commenting or viewing. And as I never post my photos here to count my views or comments, I don't really remember that they matter so much to someone else.

Anyway...about the shot then :) I like it, it's a nice shot. And I can even get your link to the theme after I look at it a while in connection with the tittle. Well done. Sharp work.

I like it as a shot in it's own right (SC not withstanding ;)) but I'm not a fan of selective colouring anyway and don't think it adds anything to the shot and in fact for me it just serves to emphasise the main problem I have with the shot in that I feel you otherwise would really need to search in the shot to find the link to the theme

Jim

Firstly, my apologies for not commenting, especially as you were good enough to comment on some of my photos (which don't usually get many, if any, comments) :blush:
I usually feel awkward about making much comment on photos given the stunning quality of most of other people's photos compared to mine, me being a relative beginner.

Anyhow, I like the concept and the actual photo :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom