• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Time for Atmos?

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
I have a relatively small room, KEF Q500s with 200c and Q100s, bk monolith sub, denon avr 3300.

i want to go atmos if possible.

im thinking of the
KEF R50s
OR
Cinema Series S2 Atmosphere Module

I'd ideally want to just place them ontop of my front speakers and let the sound bounce off for now.. maybe wallmount later.

Any suggestions please or advice? does atmos work on all content (aka can my avr simulate it for non atmos native content)?

gibbsy

The 3300 has both Dolby Surround and DTS Neural built in to act as pseudo Atmos and is very effective. As for Atmos modules they again can be very effective the main requirements being a ceiling of between 8 and 14 feet in height, made of reflective materiel, ie plaster or smooth (or lightly stippled etc) artex and perfectly flat.

I would consider the R50s to be the best and they would sit perfectly on top of your Q500s. That is the correct position for them. They are quite big and although they can be wall mounted they will still need to be placed as near as possible to the Q500s and Q100s if you are going for 5.1.4.

To give you an idea of size my R50s are mounted on top of R300s click on the link.
www.pbase.com/gibbsy/image/165315424

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom