1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Time for a new DVD player

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Sharring, Jul 25, 2004.

1. Sharring

Sharring
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    My existing DVD-player (HK DVD-25) has developed a fault so a replacement is on the cards.

I have 3 (so far) models on my shortlist, Sony NS930, Marantz 4300 & Denon 2200. Can owners of these units tell me of their experiences (good & bad) of these units, or suggest other models I might try.

Cheers

P.S. What's the build quality of the 2200, as I've heard it's a bit of a lightweight construction.

2. AML

AML

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +229
    I havent owned those particular models but I have ownd a Marantz and a pioneer which i recomend. Sony arent the best makers for DVD players so stick with Denon, Marantz and Pioneer for the best players in sound and picture. Do some research, look up their web sites and good luck!

3. Sharring

Sharring
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've just read that the Marantz is a Pioneer clone, true ?

My old Pioneer (DV-626) and my current TV (sony kv32-ls60) had issues with interference on RGB scart during bright outdoor scenes.

There's no problem with my current DVD-25