1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Time delay setting question

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by konghh, Nov 5, 2002.

1. konghh

konghh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I went through my Yamaha AV’s manual and it says that one could set time delay for the front and rear center speaker. But I wanted to set time delay for my front main 2 speakers instead because I have it pulled out into the room so it’s no longer in the same plane as the TV screen. In another word, the front main speaker is now 4-feet nearer to the sitting position compared to the front center speaker. I did that so as to increase soundstage depth during music playback. Any idea as to what’s the solution? Thanks in advance.

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +890
    What model Yamaha is it? Some of the older models didn´t give you the option of adjusting the delay times for all channels.

3. konghh

konghh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The new Yamaha 630. I used it's pre-out into my NAD C370 AUX input for music playback. Hence the speaker are being pulled into the room and becoming nearer to the listening position then the center speaker.

4. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +890
    Does it not have a speaker distance option on that model? Usually found in the main setup menu along with the speaker sizes (small/large etc).

5. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just had a look in my sons 620 manual, should be roughly the same.

Looks like you can only set the delay time for the centre here, increasing the delay of the centre simulates moving the centre speaker further back, so leaving it on the default setting of 0 is going to be best for you here.

6. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    On Yamaha amps the fronts are the reference and thus at zero level. So unless you can give the center a positive delay it's a no-go ...

7. joshua_bond

joshua_bond

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    You can set the delay of the center speakers and rear speakers (RT, LT, CRT) in the 630se (as well as rvx630). As mentioned the main speakers are the are not the effects channel so hence cannot be set. However in multichannel mode you can change the effects of DSP mode. I will look if the same can be done in "stereo DSP" mode.