1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Time crisis 2 for ps 2

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by dts borg, Oct 19, 2001.

1. dts borg

dts borg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Don't Buy the G-CON gun if you have a 100htz TV it will not work.

........MAKE IT SO :eek:

2. asimm

asimm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +75
    Too late. What will? EB have said I can take the G-Con back, will the Scorpion Gun work - it says that it will work on widescreen tvs -whatever that means!

3. CarlB

CarlB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    No light guns will work with 100Hz TVs. I have a GCon and Dreamcast gun gathering dust since I upgraded from 50Hz.

4. Taz

Taz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    We just bought TC2 with the new G-CON2 gun and found that it wont work with our 50hz widescreen tv. we took it back and it worked fine in the shop on there 4:3. The guy in the shop suggested switching our widescreen to 4:3 mode. Anyone had this problem and whats the fix??

Cheers

Taz & Emma. :cool:

5. CarlB

CarlB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    Yes, you do need to run your TV in 4:3 mode otherwise the gun calibration is off.

6. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Guys..

maybe a silly question, but i cant get the Guncon to work with my plasma set... is it because they are fundamentally different?

Very disapointing.. having to play with the damn controller !

thx
    Kev

7. calibos

calibos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Your right about the 100hz issue guys but wrong about the 4:3 issue. I have a 32inch FX20 (50hz) and have played the original Time Crisis through my PS2 and the demo for Time Crisis 2 that came on this months Official PS2 magazine and I've completed both. So either there is no issue with widescreen TV's and aiming calibration or I am an exceptionally good shot with Jedi like accuracy ;) and have unbeknownst to myself compensated for the miscalibration subconciously!!!

I haven't tried Time Crisis thru my PS1 on the widescreen as it was donated to some cousins last year so I can't confirm my theory that it might be something to do with having the ability to set the PS2 (4:3/16:9 setting) for display on a WS telly which might compensate for aiming on a WS. Maybe that was the guys problem that he hasn't gone into the menu to tell the PS2 that he has a widescreen tv???