• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Tilting wall mount for Panasonic tx-p65v10

Crispyduck

Standard Member
I'm really close to purchasing this TV (especially now that I've read the review and that the prices are lowered to a reasonable level + the 5 year guarantee, of course:smashin:).

However, I have a window behind the sofa and ideally would need to angle the plasma down until the window's reflection is eliminated from view).

Does anyone know if there is a suitably recommended tilt mount which would fit this beast? How much would I need to spend to get a good bracket?

Cheers

Member252055

Hi

I'm not sure you're going to completely eliminate the reflection from such a large TV and not end up with the tilt angle causing the TV to stick out way too much from the wall.

You'd be better using blinds or curtains rather than tilting such a large TV in my opinion.

Regards
Graham

Crispyduck

Standard Member
Yes, I am indeed worried about the distance that the TV would stick out from the wall and would like to know if anyone else has experience of this.

I don't think I'd have to angle it by much (maybe 5 to 10 degrees) before the window isn't seen in the reflection.

Do the tilt brackets stick out much further than the rigid ones even if you had the tilt one flat to the wall?

Anyone got any measurements for a large screen like this to help me?

I have a glass stand but too scared to put this beast on it.

Member252055

Hi

Your screen is 1572x964x97mm.

This means that at 5 degrees the top of the screen will be approx 180mm from the wall and at 10 degrees it will be 262mm (to the front of the TV). This is based on having the bottom of the screen virtually touching the wall.

The depth behind at the centre of the TV will be 42mm and 80mm respectively so this is the depth your bracket can be to get your 5 or 10 degrees without the bracket making the install deeper.

Hope this makes sense.

Regards
Graham

Crispyduck

Standard Member
Blimey, thanks for that.:thumbsup: I will go home and do a bit of measuring now I have that info. Thanks for your time:smashin::smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom