• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Tilting Wall Bracket Placement Advice

Zombie Twin

Prominent Member
Well, with The Missus giving me the green-light to give the living room some much-needed renovation, I'm using the opportunity to have it much more geared towards the home-cinema experience I have wanted for a while.

With the 46" TV sitting in the bay window, it's time to flip it all around, putting the main sofa in the bay and utilising the entire opposite wall for mounting the TV on, with the L/R speakers set as wide as possible near the sides of the wall, the cablling for Sky extended and routed under the floorboards, new rack for the Blu, Sky, DVD Recorder & Laserdisc player - yes, it still works perfectly, and has an RF Demodulator! The TV is to have the back lined with colour-changing LED lighting to repicate that of my local cinema.

Aaaannnyway, with the sofa in the bay, there is the obvious problem of glare/reflection from the window behind the seating area. I tried it out earlier, and there is some degree of this, mainly from the glossy surround on the frame of the TV but that is easily fixed with the right materials and some patience. The one solution to the problem is to use the tilting ability of the bracket I am getting to counter any glare on the panel.

My first question is: as I intend to have the screen at eye-level, would I have to fix the bracket slightly higher to compensate for the downward angle of the tilt?

The second is: how perceptable might the tilt be in terms of the geometry when watching. I believe that the one I intend to order goes to 15 degrees, if that helps.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom