1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tilting image on rear projection Thomson

Discussion in 'TVs' started by xe0104, May 20, 2003.

1. xe0104

xe0104

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Y'all,

Since a few months I've got the 52JW640S of Thomson (rear projection). All is going smoothly with it, but for a small irritator: The image is slightly tilted. This is most noticeable with programs having subtitles (and we have lots of those here in Holland) viewed in Cinerama mode. The left side of the subtitle, in that case, usually touches the bottom of the screen, while the right side of it is somewhat below the screen.

I know how to get into the service menu, but couldn't find an entry there that seems to help me. It's probably there, yet most options seem rather vague to me.

Is there anyone out there who has experienced the same problem, and better still knows how to solve it.

Thanks, Marcel.

2. xe0104

xe0104

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I thought: let's put this question up there again. The problem still occurs, and the solution to it still eludes me. So any help will be much appreciated.

3. mxs

mxs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I have a Thomson 40" and I guess the menu option will be the same, and there is not anything there that will solve your particular problem.

How old is your set?? get it changed if it is still under guarentee!:lesson:

4. xe0104

xe0104

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's less than a year old. So, yes getting it replaced is probalby the best option. The only thing that stopped me doing that so far, is the sheer size of the thing. Getting it shifted is a massive operation.

In the system menu (you get when you put your set in standby and then hold down the "vol-" and "pr-" buttons on the tv for more than 8 seconds) I see an option called something with "geometry" in it. This option however is not really intuitive, and I fear that it might do more harm than good. I will try very hard to do the sensible thing :)

Thanks for your reply.

Marcel.