1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tilted screen 32PW9308

Discussion in 'TVs' started by The Frog, Aug 18, 2004.

1. The Frog

The Frog
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Just bought a Philips 32PW9308 and the picture appears to be tilted down on left hand side.

The engineer said this can't be fixed and has offered to show me a new batch of these when they come in in september. He said if they are all the same I'll have to live with. If they are not he will replace.

Is it true that this can't be adjusted? I have gone through the service menu and nothing seems to change it. Any ideas?

2. red16v

red16v

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Is this is a brand new set then its inconceivable that Philips have brought out a set with an inherent design problem giving rise to an uncorrectable design fault. Insist that your supplier either rectifies the problem to your satisfaction or refunds your money - don't take any nonsense. regards, yt.

3. NickWilliams

NickWilliams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Philips 32PW9525 which exhibited the same fault when I bought it. I corrected the fault through the Installation menu (not the Service menu), as follows:

Installation -> Setup -> Picture tilt (slide-bar)

Hope its the same on your TV.

4. The Frog

The Frog
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Red16v:
    It is a new set but probably an old model. In Ireland we generally get 12 month old technology.
    NickWilliams:
    Anyway it transpires that it is fixable. As you suggested Nick there is a tilt adjustment in the installation/setup menu. I had been all over the various menus but I missed this one (required another cursor downpress to reveal a further set of options). Why didn't the engineer see/know this?

Anyway thanks go to you Nick, I am now satisfied with my purchase, tilt problem aside this is a very good TV with an excellent picture (pixelplus)