tiger woods - cant be completed!

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by markymark34, Mar 20, 2006.

1. markymark34

markymark34

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +337
    before i start seeing men in white coats can someone please please confirm that its impossible to master all the events?

for example

The 7 iron challenge on Riviera?
    match play vrs chris dimarco on TCP SAwgrass Ive beaten him by 7 strokes and it says 6 and 5 for master yet it only ever says pass.
    The Turnberry par 3 challenge again ive done what it requests but it just says ive passed.

Please someone try to master these and report back.
    This game has so many bugs its unbelievable!

Mark (confused)

:lease:

2. Kazuya Mishima

Kazuya Mishima

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    Same for me with the Chris DiMarco match.
    Haven't managed the 7-iron challenge yet.

Other crap things:
    - no autosave (as far as I can see)
    - commentators make remark before ball stops (eg "that's in the rough" before it hits the ground)
    - commentators make ridiculous comments (eg 2-iron in strong wind to 8 feet "it's okay, not great but okay" !!!!! WTF!)
    - players reaction to events is silly (eg player bodges easy birdie, but gets tap-in par, starts smiling and waving like they just won the Masters)
    - "Shawshank Redemption"-style celebration (player sinks to knees, palms aloft, camera swoops upwards looking down on player)
    - David Feherty, although Irish, talks Americanese "that's a good play" etc
    - can't see what your score is whilst round is in progress (eg required to be 5 under, scorecard only shows scores for each hole, not running total)
    - can't chip from rough right next to green, can only hit 50-yard pitch

Any more?

3. Kazuya Mishima

Kazuya Mishima

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    Oh yes, what the dickens does the "gamebreaker" do? Every time I try to use it I hit a right duff.

When you knock out the other guy's gamebreaker he makes a face like you just stole his mojo!

4. markymark34

markymark34

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +337
    the gamebreaker is a bit silly really tap the 'a' button (i think!) during your backswing and the ball goes further or straight into the hole.

think that just about covers all the silly things. the chipping really annoys me it always goes about half way to the hole even if you go up 2 clubs!

right enough about being annoyed! Ive emailed ea sports. we will see what they say!

5. bigmac1

bigmac1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    It certainly seems like a game that was rushed out for release. It is nice to look at but there are so many things missing from the game compared to previous versions. The commentary is an exact port from the 2005 on the Xbox (I thought I was having de ja vu!). There are no legend tour options, no sponserships, the pro shop is very limited, etc etc. I hope to give EA the benefit of the doubt on this one and say that 2007 should be a much better game altogether! The improved graphics on the 360 plus the great gameplay and options of 2005? We shall see later this year I guess ;)

6. markymark34

markymark34

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +337
    Well this really is the most useful piece of advice...
    My original email_
    This game cant be complted.

match play vrs chris dimarco on TCP SAwgrass Ive beaten him by 7 strokes and it says 6 and 5 for master yet it only ever says pass.
    The Turnberry par 3 challenge again ive done what it requests but it just says ive passed.

this is just for starters the 7 iron challenge on Riveiera i believe to be impossible.

Sometimes the putting power meter stops working and the commentary doesnt match the game play. For example 'tie for the lead' when i'm 5 shots clear!

All i want to do is complete this game but it appears this cant be done Im really dissapointed.

Mark

response from EA sports Red - game cant be completed

EA Response (Paul G.) 23/03/2006 05:37 PM
    Hi mark

Thank you for your question.

If you require cheats or hints and tips, please call our Official Electronic Arts hint line on 09067 535455, or if you are calling from Ireland, 1560 256 256. This is a fully automated service that provides hints and playing tips for many of the games in the Electronic Arts range. Calls from the UK are charged at 75p per minute incl. VAT, calls from Ireland are charged at 95cents per minute incl. VAT and call charges from mobiles may very. Please ask the permission of the person who pays the bill before phoning. Average duration of call is 3 minutes. Service available in the UK and Ireland only. Details correct at time of receiving this correspondence.

Kind Regards,
    EA Support Centre

Well doesnt that just clear up all our problems!!! totally useless.

7. kevlar

kevlar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +106
    I hate when companies send a copy/paste or auto response. It's obvious they haven't even read your email and/or couldn't give a toss!

8. Mandark

Mandark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's probably worth taking a look at EA's Tiger Woods forum. That's where the hardcore probably hang out and they should be able to confirm any bugs.

Tiger Woods Forum

9. Mandark

Mandark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think the problem is that they get so many stupid questions they don't have time for the genuine ones.

10. Kazuya Mishima

Kazuya Mishima

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    I have now mastered the 7-iron challenge on Riviera.

I had to get all my skills "maxed" out, then I could hit the 7-iron almost 200 yards with boost.

11. markymark34

markymark34

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +337
    Talk me through it. The first hole takes 3 shots to get onto the green and 1 putt. Im finding it impossible to do the next 2 holes in few enough shots.

12. Kazuya Mishima

Kazuya Mishima

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    I also got a 4 on the first hole.

On the next two par-fours, you can only just get to the green if you tap the power boost button like crazy, you have to be "maxed out" (eg in "My Skills" make sure your power is set to the maximum level, you have to earn this over time) and you also need to apply equipment modifiers to your golf ball and clubs (power boost).

Try hitting a few shots wit the 7-iron: if you can get close to 200 yards then you have a chance at this challenge. If you are still well short, then you need to increase your attributes/skills etc.

Hope this helps, let me know what happens when you hit the 7-iron.

If you still need more help invite me as a friend and we can have a chat whilst playing! I will be online during Tuesday, probably.

my tag is Kazuya 1

13. Kazuya Mishima

Kazuya Mishima

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    Been playing this again today.
    Now I've noticed that I am not getting the achievements I believe I've earned - getting 50 eagles, average score under 65 etc.

Also, I won my first major today, very weird. My first 3 rounds I shoot 59, 59, 56. Pretty good, eh?

Well Tiger Woods (who hell he?) scored 49 in the third round to overtake me. 49!!!!! Couldn't believe it, no way is that happening. So me and Tiger were paired up for the final round, and then he plays crap! Shot 67 - hitting strange wedge shots into middle of fairway when he had 200 yards to go to green, dumping it in the bunker all the time, strange.

I shot 60 to win.

But no achievements apart from putting average less than 1.75 per hole!

What gives, EA?

14. markymark34

markymark34

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +337
    that sounds so familiar!
    My first major win.
    Rounds of 59, 58, 60 with tiger getting a 47 in his third round!!!!!!

Again paired with tiger - i win with a 62.

Havent checked achievments though.

Ive got all my atributes maxed but still cant do the stupid 7iron challenge. If the wind is in the wrong direction then you cant hit the green in 2 shots - pain.

have u been to the ea sports forums? There are loads of people in the same boat.

15. markymark34

markymark34

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +337
    time to start playing fight night i think!

16. andypearce

andypearce

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Same problem here so I've assumed that a lot of the achievements require you to achieve the targets while playing online not offline. I've shot a offline low round score of 51 and still not got the achievement which is score based.:thumbsdow

17. Kazuya Mishima

Kazuya Mishima

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    UPDATE:

When I tried the online tournament earlier, as soon as I joined Xbox Live a few achievements were unlocked instantly!

It seemed that although I had achieved the targets during offline play, I had to go online to 'activate' them.

andypearce - try entering an online tournament, maybe that will unlock an achievement.
    EDIT: sorry mate, just checked your gamercard, you've already been online.

markymark - keep slogging away mate, it can be done (I know you really want that 7-iron achievement!)

On a slightly different topic, in an earlier post I was expressing my disbelief at Tiger getting a 49. Well imagine my surprise when I scored 54 at Riviera in the daily online tournament, only to find the winner had 45! How on earth do you get 45???
    On a par-71 course that is 26-under par - so 8 eagles and 10 birdies!

:rolleyes:

18. Kazuya Mishima

Kazuya Mishima

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    Hey markymark34, what's your gamertag? Stick your gamercard on here so we can see what achievements you've got!

19. Andy_83

Andy_83

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Just to confirm - All the achievements for this game are for online play only. So the birdies, eagles, 1.75 put average, 65 average round etc must all be earned by playing the various online modes/ tournaments.

Pretty crap considering the online side of the game is completely broken. Well it was last time i played it - was getting disconnects about 70-80% of the time.

20. andypearce

andypearce

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I think the most 'broken' thing about the online tournaments is that some people have unfeasible stats for their players and can score unrealistically low. I played one online match against someone who was hitting 500+ yd drives and reaching every green in one! Each of the last tourneys I've tried have been won with single round scores of 36 under par!!:eek: :thumbsdow

I'm not sure how they are doing it but there are definintely some odd things going on in the game online....

21. markymark34

markymark34

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +337
    Of the 6 times ive attempted to play online i had a dropped connection 5 times. Gave up after that.

If people are scoring that low and hitting drives that big they must be cheating!

Excuse my stupidity Kazuya but were is the post that tells u how to put your gamer tag on?

Im going to have another go at the 7iron challenge tonight!

mark

22. markymark34

markymark34

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +337
    Kazuya found it! Ill stick my gamer tag on later!

23. Mandark

Mandark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well EAsports does have a feedback thread in the Tiger forum. always remember to use the offical forums as well if you suspect foul play in online gaming just so you can be sure the devs are aware.
    Feedback Thread

24. a_friend

a_friend

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    have not played this game in a while and it's a little of topic ,

but why is it that when you create your own player sime of the shots he performes with the same clubs, lie travel different distances.

this is not helpfull trying to complete some of the challenges

25. andypearce

andypearce

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    There are a couple of factors, first is that the lie will have a percentage range which will be larger when your players stats are low - so a shot from the semi-rough could go between 72%-89% of a normal shot for example. This variation is less off the fairway but is still there.

The other factor is your swing on the analogue stick. Unless this is consistant in speed of drawback and follow through (and distance of drawback) then you won't hit 2 shots the same (just as in real golf.)

Having said all that the game does occasionally bug , especially when hitting out of the rough, but this usually manifests itself as you hitting the shot far further than it should be able to go and only happens occasionally. The other thing that is buggy is the pitch shot which only evers goes half the distance it should for me!!

26. markymark34

markymark34

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +337
    I found the same as andyPearce my shots would go everywhere when my stats were low but now that ive maxed them all it seems to be fairly consistant. So i guess that is a bit like real life. My driving varies from 220 yards+ to about 100!

mark

27. andypearce

andypearce

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    You can only hit it 220 with maxed out stats?? I consistantly hit it 300+ yds with my own player and I haven't quite maxed out his stats.....

28. markymark34

markymark34

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +337

I was talking about in real life.

In the game 300 - 350 depending on wind etc etc

29. phunt

phunt
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    43 is my best online round i think. The low rounds people are getting are because of gamebreakers. If you use the shape stick alot and you can use it well then you can get 4 gamebreakers per round and these are good for par 3 hole in ones and par 4 double eagles.

30. Kazuya Mishima

Kazuya Mishima

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    Aaah, I think I am beginning to get it....

I don't like the 'shape stick' so I rarely use it, therefore I get 1 or maybe 2 gamebreakers per round. I have just about got the hang of getting the hole-in-one with the gamebreaker.

43 is awesome, there's no way I'll ever manage that...