1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tiger Woods 2004 - Xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Pooon, Oct 8, 2003.

1. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +724
    Has anyone played a Real Time Event (RTE)?. Are they just rounds, or are they other mini, scenario type games? As the prize money seems **** poor if you have to play a full round.

I read in the manual (the 1st one ive ever read) that the RTE events work by the date on the xbox dashboard, so if i change the date on the dashboard can i play a RTE event at any time?, and what happens when you put the date back to the correct date?. Anyone tried this?

P.S

Best score for 18 holes is 21under par atm.:smashin:

2. rik

rik

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    21 under? Sounds pretty good to me. What difficulty/ tee are you playing ??

As a side note, can you play a 2-player game in a tournament, with a full leaderboard, like in 2003???? Cos it seems to be missing.

3. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +724
    21 under was for the 2nd tour tournament(1st round of 4) at TPC of somewhere

And i dont think you can play 2 player in tourneys like 2003 which is a right pain!!!!

4. Dominic

Dominic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    played a RTE on my mates PS2, havent done one on my XBOX, but we did one last friday and it was 4 holes and we had to get an eagle and 3 birdies, after spending a year on TW2003 this want too hard, you do get a par5 and 3 par4's
    the only come down was having only 20% on all atributes as opposed to 105%

does anyone rekon the game is that much better than last years, other than the fact you can make your own profile. Game seems the same so far, graphics down seem to have moved on.

5. Dominic

Dominic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    btw on the RTE you could restart it as many times as you wanted just to get the best score ? not very real time ?

6. common

common

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Got TW2004 for the GameCube and it didn't seem right (played TW2003 on XBOX a lot) The controller seemed less responsive, the graphics didn't look as good and it came on 2 disks !! - I don't mind the 2 disk thing if it's thought out, but this seemed to be random, 1 course on disk 1 another on disk 2 so it felt like I was always having to jump up and change the disk

Sold the Gamecube for this reason and brought an xbox again - it's like having an old mate back TW2004 is so much better now

7. PlasticTaff

PlasticTaff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i've played all the RTE on my cube.
    I missed a few(the weekend ones 'cos i'm on the lash with the boys!!!)
    I just changed my clock back did them then changed it forward again.
    All went fine.
    Regarding the disc swap,its a bit of a pain in the ass.
    I played the last east coast even against the Don and had to swap discs halfway through the round????
    Riddle me that one?

8. Apocalypse

Apocalypse
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For me personally I think TW 2004 on the XBOX is a huge huge dissapointment for one reason only, no multiplayer tournaments allowed :mad:

I'm sorry but single player isn't what made the game and using the new "Traditional Games" section to invent a 2/3 player game means you are restricted to the same course and there is no big money prize or trophy to the winner, not to mention the lack of competition from the CPU players. What the hell were the creators thinking when they ditched the multiplayer tournaments option, I'm so dissapointed and actually feel conned for buying the game.

P.S - I scored 47 on Scottsdale (-24) during the PGA Tour Season, on the 2003 game I once scored 44 on St Andrews but I had freaky luck with a double eagle and 3 chip ins from off the green. My current average for 2004 is 54.

Has anyone played Emerald Dragon on the hardest setting (Black Tees, Expert Pin Position, Long Rough, Fast Green and Fast Fairway), talk about a challenge :devil:

9. bobbles

bobbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Great game a lot better than 2003

does anyone know how to get the R card

aparently there is a secret tiger challenge on the world tour. I've not found it though

10. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Its abit pathetic aint it selling it because of one game>?

If everyone sold there console everytime they got a bad game then no one would ever own a console.

11. common

common

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    It depends on how much you like the game - Tiger Woods is my favourite game and playing it on the GC spoilt the enjoyment for me - so I exercised a thing called 'choice' and sold the GC to purchase IMHO a superior machine to play it on.

12. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK :laugh:

13. MarkR

MarkR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +291
    Couldn't agree more, only last Saturday me and a mate were scanning all the options looking for the Multi-player Tournaments:mad:
    Still I think the graphics have improved in respects to the background detail and best of all creating your own character is absoultely hilarious, its worth buying just for that. :laugh:

14. Apocalypse

Apocalypse
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Gameface is a fantastic addition, when my bros saw how I'd made them we were helpless. For myself I made a cute redhead...........before anyone says it yes a female of course :nono: :laugh:

15. sparrow-07

sparrow-07

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Is it possible to get the tutorial running again, without having to delete stuff off of the hard drive?

It seems exceptionally daft to only be able to do it once. I wanted the other half to run through it, we created a player for her & everything, but when you go to "Play Now", it puts you straight into a scenario, which you can do through the game options anyway.

16. bobbles

bobbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the tutorial is the first scenario

17. sparrow-07

sparrow-07

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings: