Tiger that killed keeper shot dead

i don't know if it's true or not but i've heard that once a lion or tiger tastes human that they get a taste for it and will become impossible to handle.

Apparently it was shot as it had access to more humans.

Yes, it was moving towards members of the public unfortunately.

Tigers should be left out in the wild anyway, should'nt be locked up in cages.

Last edited:
Tigers should be left out in the wild anyway, should'nt be locked up in cages.

what wild? sadly as with many of the large predators there ranges are becoming increasingly small and the tigers in zoos are captive bred animals these days and not wild taken.
Sadly without these captive animals education, intrest and the spieces could well be lost in time.
Its sad this one was killed but there was no other choice in this case..

I asked the question to my Senior Zoo Keeper girlie and she basically said the following :

Tigers don't suddenly get a taste for it, they will always have the instinct to kill. It's in their nature.

If the Tiger was darted, the adrenalin would kick in and it would probably still have enough time to maul A N other.

As for the animal locked in cage thing, as i personally know a whole lot of Keepers, I can confirm that they are probably they are more conservation minded than most. The animals welfare is second to none, at least within what I've seen in their Zoo

:) - Obviously all our own opinions ;)

Didn't realise it was headed towards other humans. I guess they had no choice.

In an ideal world, zoos wouldn't exist but as mentioned, I think they're probably a necessary evil now.

The good ones do indeed have outstanding animal welfare.

Some old bloke in the shop this morning,said his wife sent him out as she's scared the lion will get her :rotfl:

Essex Police have called off the search: "We believe what was seen was either a large domestic cat or a wildcat" BBC News - Essex Police call off 'lion' search

so it seems like someone saw a rather porky moggy and ran for the hills :laugh:

So a lion has been sighted in Clacton On Sea and multiple people claim to have seen it.

Police Call Off Search For Essex Lion

I hope this really isn't a big cat because i feel sorry for all the paper work involved with a situation like this.

Why would anyone feel sorry for the paper work? paper doesn't have a brain and therefore doesn't have any feelings! ;)

i dont understand why the big secret over the picture, the police havent yet released it....:confused:

i know a couple of the rags are circulating a pic but thats just a rumour at present, doesnt seem to make any sense on the secrecy - release it and let us make our own mind up...:rolleyes:

uXkAc.jpg

^ Hasn't that pic been confirmed as a fake?

yeah thats the one thats been doing the rounds already..... not sure if its fake or not though...

on a seperate note if a mod saw fit to merge the threads surely it would make sense to edit the title to include the new subject as well....:rolleyes:

c'mon half a job mod... ;)

It looks more like a pic of my Mainecoon kitty :)

Gotta admit, thats a creepy pic of that big cat at night! Would you put out a saucer of milk for it then? ;-)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom