1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tied up in cables

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by jelboy, Jul 19, 2002.

1. jelboy

jelboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Again I am throwing myself open to your vast knowledge on all things audiophilic...
    I need to wire up my home cinema system Panasonic dvd (can't remember model, but its cool), Yamaha dsp 592, Kef Q15's (fronts),
    Kef Q90 (centre), Eltax HT2 Dipolar (rears), Paradigm PS1000 (sub) and Panasonic tx28inch w/s tv.
    More specifically I need to wire up the fronts with bi-wireable cable and the centre and the rears with good quality single wireable cable.
    Not too worried about the sub - low frequencies etc. Ideally I would like to use cable from the same company but both sets need to be
    flat or flatish.
    I seen the cable talk flat biwire and same family single which looks ok - could I do better?
    Room is 12 x 14.
    Thanks all for you comments :eek:

2. Brad_Porter

Brad_Porter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wires are always a source of issue to people and my experience shows that you cant beat good standard wiring for your home Hi-Fi equipment. Your room isnt to disimilar to mine in size and, believe it or not, its amazing how much cable is needed to run it properly under carpets and up walls (if you are using satelites etc) I alone have at least 30 meters and, as you can imagine, can cost a lot of money. Therefore, going for cables like QED is cost effect but also got a quality about the transfer of sound to your speakers.

After using and trying all sorts of cable before I bought, I ended up buying QED Silver for the front and center and QED Micro for the backs. Some might comment that this might be a little on the cheap side (around £40) but belive me, I spent days with my Audiophile friend and differnet cables from various shops and the difference in the sound is negligable.

In short, don't buy garbage but dont start spending £40 per meter for the fronts and £20 for the backs - save the money and buy yourself a second subwoofer!