Tie between the LE40C530 vs UE40C5100 vs Sharp 40le811e

Blademanx

Standard Member
After months of research and checking the tv's out its boiled down to these 3. I want a 40 inch tv with good detail, minimal judder and response time and low input lag...Ive seen some tvs in Currys and some of the pictures werent so great. These tvs however were good quality pictures. I saw the 530 set up on top of the LED c5100 tv and the samsung plasma. All showing Harry Potter :boring: the LED looked the best out of the 3....c530 had some juddering...might be settings again!

I know you guys say Plasma is great. But after years of reading into these tvs I can safely say I wont be going for Plasma. Although LCD has its own set of issues.

Im having trouble deciding which TV to go for....C5100, C530, Sharp 811e. Im also wary about this auto dimming issue.....How is it on the C5100??????

I aim is to use it with the PS3 to play games and possibly watch a movie or two and maybe look into getting Virgin somewhere down the line...i also plan to keep it for maybe 4 5 years unless :rolleyes:.

I'll admit I could have bought a tv 5 years back but decided to wait and see what comes out.....low and behold 3D showed up but its not enough to sway me!

Budget is 600 quid in all honesty Id like to spend 400 500 max.......John Lewis stock the c5800 and the c530 but not the c5100! Warranty!

Blademanx

Standard Member
forgot to add the SD picture has to be decent .... we cant go from CRT with a good picture to HD and get a worse picture ...as good as the LE40550A5 with freeview

Top Bottom