Tidal or Qobuz

xand_xand

Hi my hiby R3 Pro has built in access to tidal and Qobuz streaming services...
Can't decide which to subscribe to.. Any thoughts?

Steven

Senior Moderator
Everyone will have their own opinions but I suggest you approach this based upon:

- the catalogue, user interface, sound quality and price (I would expand that to include multiple device support and both do offer family plans)

Can you not attempt a Trial with each? There are also occasionally discount codes floating online, I have definitely seen heavily discounted Tidal subs before

The whole package matters imo. I am not going to listen to 5,000 kHz high resolution files of music I do not like. If i like the music I would still listen to it on FM radio

McCol

Hi my hiby R3 Pro has built in access to tidal and Qobuz streaming services...
Can't decide which to subscribe to.. Any thoughts?

I'd echo much of what @Steven has advised.

I'd also add that I've tried both over the last year (was using Tidal for a year or so) and prefer Qobus. The interface on Tidal and it's algorithms for music suggestions is probably better than Qobus. I chose Qobus mainly for it's seamless integration with the Roon music system. I also found Qobus to offer better sound quality in it's hi-res files but that is purely subjective.

xand_xand

Thanks both for the input.
There are good deals out there for both services. I understand now to look at the whole package before deciding...

eastsoutheast

I used Tidal top subscription for 3 odd years moved to Qobuz and prefer the SQ on hires.

XeNoNF50

I used Tidal top subscription for 3 odd years moved to Qobuz and prefer the SQ on hires.

I was a long time Tidal subscriber but moved to Qobuz. I prefer Tidal on the full package, discovery, curation and playlists, all lacking for my tastes on Qobuz. But add Roon in the mix with Qobuz's sound quality and that's perfect for me.

kartdriver8

Standard Member
I was trialing Tidal for about 15 days, switched over the kids from Spotify to Tidal, tried to move from Single Hi-Res to Family and was unable to unless I started with another email address. Tidal family is $29 while Qobuz is $24 - pretty easy decision from there.

kartdriver8

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom