Question Tidal multiple charges rip-off

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by sweet warrior, Aug 16, 2018.

Tags:
  1. sweet warrior

sweet warrior
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Both a question and a warning...
    Did this happen to anyone else? I'm sure it did:
    I signed up for a TIDAL trial membership 1-2 years ago with your basic computer speakers. I was trying to see if I could detect the difference of HQ sound. I couldn't. Maybe some can. I then canceled my account. No problem. A few months ago I bought a pair of AudioEngine A2+ paired with a dragonfly USB dac. I then went to TIDAL to re-try my system. I hoped it would work.
    It did not allow me to test my speakers. Thinking I'm smart, I tried signing up with another e-mail address. It didn't let me. The system requires a phone number more than anything so that they know it's a new person. So I had to pay to try it out with a new set of speakers.
    The sound was not what I expected it to be.
    I cancelled my membership. I got a confirmation.
    No problem right? Wrong! I was being charged all this time (4-5 months). So . I wrote to them explaining what I did, and they were so unhelpful. They said they cannot reimburse me even though they most probably can see I did not use it at all!
    I told them that their system is flawed b/c there is no way I could unsubscribe from their email list. I contacted support a few times for that. They make sure you cannot sign up for a new account, once you do, your accounts are linked. But somehow they validate the email addresses and charge you for whatever emails you had.
    I thought it was a big rip-off. My experience with their database has been terrible. So I wanted to inform people of what kind of customer service to expect once you're in the online HQ streaming family. Definitely will not use it again.