Tidal MQA problem

leejenuk

Established Member
Reaction score
Please help
I am running a Cambridge audio Dac Magic 200m from a Mac book pro via usb, I have Tidal desktop app installed to play MQA music, in the app I have pass through “on” and streaming volume on fixed.
The problem is that I am only getting a green MQA light appearing on the Dac on about half of the “Masters” (MQA) Albums! Am I missing something?

@Cebolla, is an expert regarding the issues you are mentioning.

The only thing I can perhaps say is that maybe your Mac need to be set up properly to stream, fully unfold MQA files, otherwise you well only get 96 kHz/24 bit. That is still better then cd, if I am not entirely mistaken. You want 192 kHz/24 bit.

@Cebolla, is an expert regarding the issues you are mentioning.

The only thing I can perhaps say is that maybe your Mac need to be set up properly to stream, fully unfold MQA files, otherwise you well only get 96 kHz/24 bit. That is still better then cd, if I am not entirely mistaken. You want 192 kHz/24 bit.
Thanks for that, when you say to set up the Mac properly what am I missing? Can’t understand why half of the MQA (master) Albums I have play ok and the others do not.

Thanks for that, when you say to set up the Mac properly what am I missing? Can’t understand why half of the MQA (master) Albums I have play ok and the others do not.
I am no Mac expert, perhaps it is better to contact Tidal support regarding the issues you are mentioning.

So the Dac don’t fully unfold every album? Hmm, not all albums are in MQA, so perhaps that is the problem.

It can also be some firmware issues.

I’ll wait until others respond to your post.

I am no Mac expert, perhaps it is better to contact Tidal support regarding the issues you are mentioning.

So the Dac don’t fully unfold every album? Hmm, not all albums are in MQA, so perhaps that is the problem.

It can also be some firmware issues.

I’ll wait until others respond to your post.
Thanks, I’m only talking about Master (MQA) Albums

Thanks, I’m only talking about Master (MQA) Albums
Hi! Since you have a DAC that works with MQA, I have a big request... Could you use Tidal Connect to check if MQA files that contain gapless music like Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon play correctly? For example, 1min.4sec in the first track or 2min.49sec in the second track? It should go smoothly, without problems, interruptions, etc. I ask in other threads and so far no answer ...

If you're worried about sound quality, I have a simple solution. Switch to Qobuz!

Normal, lossless streams, rather than a lossy code. Having tried both, the SQ is better at every level on Qobuz. I find this trumps their slightly smaller library.

Jeśli martwisz się o jakość dźwięku, mam proste rozwiązanie. Przełącz się na Qobuz!

Normalne, bezstratne strumienie, a nie stratny kod. Po wypróbowaniu obu, SQ jest lepszy na każdym poziomie na Qobuz. Uważam, że to przebija ich nieco mniejszą bibliotekę.
Thanks. I have it in my plans plus Roon. But for now, I'm intrigued by the trouble-free MQA decoding with Tidal Connect. (Excuse me. It didn't translate this language... Thanks to the moderator)

Last edited:
Dzięki. Mam to w swoich planach plus Roon. Ale na razie intryguje mnie bezawaryjne dekodowanie MQA z Tidal Connect.
Thanks. I have it in my plans plus Roon. But for now, I'm intrigued by the trouble-free MQA decoding with Tidal Connect.

Hi! Since you have a DAC that works with MQA, I have a big request... Could you use Tidal Connect to check if MQA files that contain gapless music like Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon play correctly? For example, 1min.4sec in the first track or 2min.49sec in the second track? It should go smoothly, without problems, interruptions, etc. I ask in other threads and so far no answer ...
Gapless for me using Tidal connect to a Node 2i to MQA DAC

Thanks. I have it in my plans plus Roon. But for now, I'm intrigued by the trouble-free MQA decoding with Tidal Connect.

Gapless for me using Tidal connect to a Node 2i to MQA DAC
Hi! I have a question... Node uses the Bluesound app right? Can't control directly from Tidal Connect? For me, Tidal is also gapless, e.g. via mconnect. The problem occurs when I connect using the Tidal Connect application to the streamer directly. Without any other application. Do you have the ability to connect to the Node directly from Tidal Connect from a smartphone or tablet by selecting the icon on the Tidal Connect app and playing the MQA? For hifi files Tidal Connect works perfectly.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom