Tidal MQA problem

leejenuk

Please help
I am running a Cambridge audio Dac Magic 200m from a Mac book pro via usb, I have Tidal desktop app installed to play MQA music, in the app I have pass through “on” and streaming volume on fixed.
The problem is that I am only getting a green MQA light appearing on the Dac on about half of the “Masters” (MQA) Albums! Am I missing something?

Helix Hifi

@Cebolla, is an expert regarding the issues you are mentioning.

The only thing I can perhaps say is that maybe your Mac need to be set up properly to stream, fully unfold MQA files, otherwise you well only get 96 kHz/24 bit. That is still better then cd, if I am not entirely mistaken. You want 192 kHz/24 bit.

leejenuk

@Cebolla, is an expert regarding the issues you are mentioning.

The only thing I can perhaps say is that maybe your Mac need to be set up properly to stream, fully unfold MQA files, otherwise you well only get 96 kHz/24 bit. That is still better then cd, if I am not entirely mistaken. You want 192 kHz/24 bit.
Thanks for that, when you say to set up the Mac properly what am I missing? Can’t understand why half of the MQA (master) Albums I have play ok and the others do not.

Helix Hifi

Thanks for that, when you say to set up the Mac properly what am I missing? Can’t understand why half of the MQA (master) Albums I have play ok and the others do not.
I am no Mac expert, perhaps it is better to contact Tidal support regarding the issues you are mentioning.

So the Dac don’t fully unfold every album? Hmm, not all albums are in MQA, so perhaps that is the problem.

It can also be some firmware issues.

I’ll wait until others respond to your post.

leejenuk

I am no Mac expert, perhaps it is better to contact Tidal support regarding the issues you are mentioning.

So the Dac don’t fully unfold every album? Hmm, not all albums are in MQA, so perhaps that is the problem.

It can also be some firmware issues.

I’ll wait until others respond to your post.
Thanks, I’m only talking about Master (MQA) Albums

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom