Question Tidal Hifi Vs Arcam AVR550

ahaydock

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Been a long time Spotify Premium user and use the Spotify Connect feature on my Arcam AVR550 which works well.

Started a Tidal trial and want to do the same but can’t figure it out? I’ve got the Musciclife app but no joy.

I don’t want to use AirPlay as I believe that’s limited so I won’t get the hi-fi or master quality that way and it also sends all audio from my phone which is annoying.

Any advice welcome?

Anyone? Wonder if a Google Chromecast plugged into the AVR would work? I believe that allows Tidal to work like Spotify Connect so better than AirPlay?

Hello
I was similar to you in that I used Spotify connect on my Denon for years but wanted to change to tidal to make use of the better quality. Looked at loads of options some expensive and some cheap.

In the end settled with a Chromecast audio as it does indeed allow casting from the tidal app straight to the Chromecast. Quality is limited to Hifi this way but still an improvement on Spotify. Plus I get to just use the tidal app and don't have to use Heos which is terrible IMO.

Hello
I was similar to you in that I used Spotify connect on my Denon for years but wanted to change to tidal to make use of the better quality. Looked at loads of options some expensive and some cheap.

In the end settled with a Chromecast audio as it does indeed allow casting from the tidal app straight to the Chromecast. Quality is limited to Hifi this way but still an improvement on Spotify. Plus I get to just use the tidal app and don't have to use Heos which is terrible IMO.
Thank you.
It’s ok with my Sonos just has to go via airplay which is no good.

However I have the app on my Apple TV and it sounds great. Even does the tidal Atmos so fairly certain I’m getting at least Hifi that way

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom