Tidal help please

billy44

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi, I currently use Spotify premium but am thinking of switching to Tidal. Mainly listen on my headphones through my phone, also have various Sonos speakers. Would I benefit from using Tidal or because of what I listen to music on would I not really notice a difference. Any help greatly appreciated.

Besides lossless I understand that Tidal has also introduced Sony 360 reality audio .

And if you have a Sony headphone it is something to really consider. I am also considering moving to Tidal because of this but would like to try it out before.

Does anyone know if the 30 day free trial allows you to listen to the lossless tracks (and therefore the 360 audio)?

Thinking of this myself. Currently use Apple Music but as a Times subscriber I can get a 2 month Tidal deal.

I've had both, recently dropped Spotify (it was "free" with a phone contract) and on Sonos speakers - Stereo Sonos 3 / Sonos playbar with sonos 1 surrounds - I couldn't tell the different between Spotify Premium and Tidal.

I have other hi-res music players (Sonos is not hi-res) that benefit from Tidal, otherwise I'd have kept Spotify if playing via sonos or phone / headphones.

I have the B&W P9's and am wondering if Tidal might provide the best listening experience.

I have the B&W P9's and am wondering if Tidal might provide the best listening experience.

It depends on your source as always - so if you go Tidal Masters you need a good network connection, a good DAC and a good pair of headphones.

One thing I would - in my opinion - say that Spotify Premium is the equivalent of Tidal HiFi, it's when you step up to Tidal Masters / MQA you'll notice a positive difference.

Already have a full Spotify premium account which I'm more than happy with after a year. However just signed up to Tidal's latest offer, namely their HiFi service for 120 days for £1.99 Very impressed listening to a couple of tracks on a pair of Sonos Ones.

Already have a full Spotify premium account which I'm more than happy with after a year. However just signed up to Tidal's latest offer, namely their HiFi service for 120 days for £1.99 Very impressed listening to a couple of tracks on a pair of Sonos Ones.

Horses for courses! I didn't notice on the Sonos but different views from different people :)

I got Tidal for 2 euro yesterday for 120 days (HiFi version). I have Spotify on a family sub for the last 3 yrs (happy mostly with it). I compared few tracks last night streaming over to a CCA. I'm kind of sorry I did, maybe expectation bias, or maybe tidal does things differently than Spotify, but I really thought Tidal sounded nicer. A lot say we shouldn't hear a difference between lossless and 320kbps streams so maybe it's something else.

A lot say we shouldn't hear a difference between lossless and 320kbps streams so maybe it's something else.
The maths don't lie, 320kbps v 1411kpbs (CD quality) means that 77% of the information is missing compared to CD

The maths don't lie, 320kbps v 1411kpbs (CD quality) means that 77% of the information is missing compared to CD
I guess you are right. I really feel I noticed a difference alright

Tidal has the best quality I feel like, I've experienced all of them and stood with Tidal.

I've just taken up a 4 month trial with Tidal. Not tried it yet though.

Trying Tidal now, using a Chord Mojo as a DAC. The sampling rate colour hasn't changed from using Spotify premium, always blue. Using Tidal Hifi now. Anyone know the reason for this?

Trying Tidal now, using a Chord Mojo as a DAC. The sampling rate colour hasn't changed from using Spotify premium, always blue. Using Tidal Hifi now. Anyone know the reason for this?
How did you get on with it? I have a Mojo on order and debating Tidal or Qobuz...

How did you get on with it? I have a Mojo on order and debating Tidal or Qobuz...
Got myself a Bluesound node 2i now as the Mojo doesn't do Mqa.
I was on Spotify premium before, Tidal is a lot better in my opinion.
The mojo is very good but I would say the Node 2i is a big improvement.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom