Tidal Dolby Atmos config?

Danno99

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello all. My first post here. Please be gentle.
Has anyone been able to successfully play back anything from Tidal in Dolby Atmos? I'm very confused on how this works.
I have a Denon that's capable of Dolby Atmos and I have Height speakers. I bought the Abby Road package that has the Atmos option, and it sounds incredible.
I don't know how to get Tidal to playback in Atmos. It mentions Android phones being capable, but I don't have one. It also mentions Apple TV+, which I have, but am I supposed to somehow play Tidal through Apple TV +?? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Load the tidal app onto the ATV and hdmi to your Atmos capable amp

Load the tidal app onto the ATV and hdmi to your Atmos capable amp

Could you just expand a bit about loading the Tidal app onto the ATV?

Apple TV
  • Getting Started
    1. From your AppleTV's home screen, go to the App Store.
    2. Search for TIDAL, then install, and launch the TIDAL app.

Link with TIDAL
    1. Go to link.TIDAL.com on your computer, phone, or smart device.
    2. Log in if you are an existing member, or sign up for TIDAL.
    3. Enter the code displayed on your TV to link it to your account and begin streaming.

Apple TV
  • Getting Started
    1. From your AppleTV's home screen, go to the App Store.
    2. Search for TIDAL, then install, and launch the TIDAL app.

Link with TIDAL
    1. Go to link.TIDAL.com on your computer, phone, or smart device.
    2. Log in if you are an existing member, or sign up for TIDAL.
    3. Enter the code displayed on your TV to link it to your account and begin streaming.
Yes! It’s working and Atmos is awesome! Thanks!

Are you actually supposed to play Tidal's dolby atmos tracks, in Atmos 5.2? Or still in 2 channel Stereo?

I just got mine working last night and haven't played around with it, but as long as my Denon isn't set to All Stereo Channel (or something similar) and when I select a Dolby Atmos song, my Denon just automatically switches to Dolby Atmos and every speaker is active.....my 5.1 and my 2 height speakers.

I just got mine working last night and haven't played around with it, but as long as my Denon isn't set to All Stereo Channel (or something similar) and when I select a Dolby Atmos song, my Denon just automatically switches to Dolby Atmos and every speaker is active.....my 5.1 and my 2 height speakers.

Yeah mine is similar, but obviously music should really be 2 channel. So are Tidal saying actually play this is Atmos configuration?

Yeah mine is similar, but obviously music should really be 2 channel. So are Tidal saying actually play this is Atmos configuration?
I'm not an audiophile by any means, but you won't get the Atmos experience in two channels.

I'm not an audiophile by any means, but you won't get the Atmos experience in two channels.
Amazon think you can get Atmos from a single point device with their Echo Studio :laugh: Hate to think what they do to the sound to get that to try and work

Amazon product ASIN B07NQCKJSH

Oh I know I agree, but then it goes completely against playing music in 2 channel.

I'll have a try today see how it sounds.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom