Ticket master

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by debtmachine, Mar 1, 2013.

1. debtmachine

debtmachine

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,067
    Poxy Rip off Britain.
    How is it I buy tickets to see ZZ top in June via these dodger people as it's the only way to be able to buy them. Pay a booking fee and then the concert day is cancelled and promptly I receive an email stating they are very sorry ect and a refund is on its way only they keep the booking fee!!

2. Trollslayer

Trollslayer
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,381
    Vote with your wallet - stop using these parasites.
    It would take a lot of people to do this but it's the only way.

3. debtmachine

debtmachine

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,067
    There was no other way to buy the tickets :-(

The government should stop this kind of thing! I'm going to complain to the credit card company but i don't expect much really

4. Theo Maxtible

Theo Maxtible

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    It's not really a case of Poxy Rip off Britain - I'm sure other countries suffer similarly. In fact, I suspect we do quite well compared to other countries.

I agree though, that a booking fee charge is odd - and not getting that refunded also. It would be interesting to read the terms and conditions of Tickemaster regarding this, but they're not the only organisation by far to charge such an odd fee. I've certainly encountered it before - in fact, I'm quite confident that The Fairfield Halls in Croydon do the same thing, as do particular airlines if you want to book a seat. Ridiculous! It's not as if there's a choice to pay it or not.

5. overkill

overkill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,207
    You could understand the booking fee when the system was over the phone, as the ticket companies 'justified' it as time the agent took to book the ticket for you. Now however, the system is totally automated and online. So what are you paying for?

The fact that all human elements are built into the ticket price anyway seems irrelevant.

Bit like audio/video piracy being a 'loss', but the record and movie industries receiving a levy on tapes, blanks etc to cover for it.

6. debtmachine

debtmachine

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,067
    I don't mind paying the fee quite so much when I'm actually getting my tickets but to keep a fee when nothing is even supplied is just plain wrong to me.

7. BT Bob

BT Bob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,187
    I despise TM with a passion but, as the OP says, they're more often than not the ONLY option (touts apart).

What REALLY gets my goat (I can live with the booking fees, just about - though I'd be pee'd off in your circumstances too, and even the credit card charges) is the cost of actually getting your hands on the tickets.

The most recent ones I bought came with a £5.75 Special Delivery postage charge, not too bad. Alternatively, I could have collected from the box-office - for which the charge was............... £5.75. There's the third option to print your own tickets - they send you an email with a link to download & print your own. So completely automated, your paper, your ink. And for this privilege they charge? Yep - £5.75!!!!!!!

There way no way around this charge so the tickets' face values were effectively £2.87 higher.:devil: :devil: :devil: