Question Tibo EDGE 450 and Yamaha R-N500

DiNZi

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Just a quick question, I've got a Yamaha R-N500, would using a pair of Tibo EDGE 450's be overkill for this amp?

It's just my friend is going abroad and offered them to me, don't want to damage my equipment with the Speakers. Thanks

Any advice welcome.

Firstly... the yammy is fine so no issues there...

The issue would be with those £99 Tibo floorstanders.. They are budget at best and whilst the yammy will run them fine, it deserves much better caliber.

So to sum up.. the Tibo isnt overkill for the yammy.. its the other way round

Firstly... the yammy is fine so no issues there...

The issue would be with those £99 Tibo floorstanders.. They are budget at best and whilst the yammy will run them fine, it deserves much better caliber.

So to sum up.. the Tibo isnt overkill for the yammy.. its the other way round

Ah, you saw the deal as well. I think I'll just hold out until the Wharfedale Diamond 230 go down in price a bit then. The Tibo's do look quite gimmicky.

The speakers are underkill, not overkill. The Yamaha deserves better.

Ah, you saw the deal as well. I think I'll just hold out until the Wharfedale Diamond 230 go down in price a bit then. The Tibo's do look quite gimmicky.
At the £250 mark... to be honest I think your money may possibly be spent better on a standmounter and a set of decent stands in terms of electronic componenets rather than a cheap floorstander.. something like a Dali Spector 2 or the Monitor Audio Bronze 2's prehaps..

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom