thx

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by grahamricho, Nov 20, 2001.

1. grahamricho

grahamricho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    could anybody tell me which region 2 dvd has a thx trailer and what is it,i used to like the thx decending tone they used in the old days of pro logic and videos,,,,im fully thx set up at the moment,,denon avc a1 and kef thx,so would like any anyhelp ,cheers

2. ROGER THE LODGER

ROGER THE LODGER

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi,
    The recent T2 release,if i'm not mistaken ,has an even better THX special promo film ,aka the region one edition.
    There is also a French website that you can download all the dolby / THX clips known to man. maybe someone can remember this for you.
    Regards. Roger the Lodger

3. Phil Hinton

Phil Hinton
    Editor Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,571
    SW:TPM has the latest cinema trailer which is similar to that on T:2

The toy Story Ultimate Box Set has both THX TEX trailers.R1.

And i remember reading that there is a new demo disc out on R1 with all known trailers, along with dvd trailers for FOX. I think i saw this at the digital bit's site.

4. calibos

calibos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    He did specify region two THX1138.

Yeah Terminator2 R2 has a special THX 'fanfare'. It starts with a pool of liquid metal like the T1000 gradually coalescing into a silver thx logo. Sound wise, you hear 'liquidy' sounds, and the beginning of the terminator theme ( without the thumping beat ) which morphs into the THX fanfare. There is also the piano DTS theme and the new water DD5.1 theme.

I didn't purchase the Phantom Menace but did rent it and if I remember correctly it was the 'plain vanilla' THX fanfare.

I was looking forward to getting my hands on a disc with the THX optimode feature on it for fine tuning sound and picture. I was disappointed when it wasn't included on the region 2 Toy Story ultimate edition but thrilled when I heard it would be on T2 and TPM. I still ended up disappointed though as I was under the impression that sound wise there would be new THX fanfares or surround effects to impress my mates with. No such luck. There was just a white noise test. Sure my amp has that! The picture optimisation section was much more comprehensive but just my luck, I couldn't use that either. The bloddy menu screens used to change the picture settings on my Sony FX20 fill most of the screen, obscuring the test screens!!!:mad:

5. Phil Hinton

Phil Hinton
    Editor Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,571
    Sorry i thought he was after THX logos any region.

And NO the phantom menance R2 (which i own) has the new THX cinema trailer. This is a rain storm with thunder in the background which then bursts onto the screen in a flash of lightening and water on the ground which the same as T2 morphs into the THX logo.