1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

THX speakers to match AV8+P7

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by BLACK_MAGIC, May 31, 2004.

1. BLACK_MAGIC

BLACK_MAGIC
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Im in the process of seperating my homecinema/music set up into seperate dedicated sections to improve heavily on music play back. My current mains kef 203's are going to join the music side of things.
    I will be left with my AV8 and P7 but no speakers. Thing is im going to be a bit restriced with speaker space for the homecinema side of things.
    Im looking for some excellent THX sataliteish speakers (without sub) that will do the arcam combo justice but without breaking the bank and would be looking to spend around the £2000 mark for 2 fronts 1 centre and 2 rears. I might be able to go a bit higher (depending on what i get trade in for my other equipment).
    Has anyone got any good speaker suggestions that i could try auditioning.
    Thanks.

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,392
    For a £2000 budget you could get 5 Blue Sky Sat 6.5's that are active speakers and sell the P7. They are THX PM3 which is the pro version of Ultra 2. They are fairly small (not quite satalltes) and IMO excellent speakers. The thing is that without a sub these, and just about every speaker, let alone satallites will lack any real bass output.
    The distributers of these speakers will let you have a 7 day home trial of them for free, and they even pay the postage both ways!

Mark.

3. chris

chris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    You could always save yourself a £1000 and buy my M&K s85's, which would sound absolutly fantastic on your arcam setup.
    They are the best sounding sats around, bar none and i dare say that if M&K had put these up for THX aproval, then this would have been the product that THX studio's would highly recommend.......

Or you could just go get some inferior THX stamped speakers..... :D

4. BLACK_MAGIC

BLACK_MAGIC
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks for the sugestions. I'm gonna pass on the active speakers though not my cuppa tea really. The M&K s85 are discontinued so ill find the latest equivilant model if poss they seem to get good write ups and recommendations. Even though not THX im gonna give the new kef KHT9000 a blast. They seem quite nice even though there isnt much info on them. Gonna demo the Kef's on thursday. Unfortunatley my local dealers dont have M&K:(

5. RaceTripper

RaceTripper
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have a set of Dynaudio Audience for my AVR300. I'll bet they'd sound fantastic with a AV8/P7. And they should fit nicely in your £2000 budget. Give them a listen.

6. BLACK_MAGIC

BLACK_MAGIC
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Will do ;)