1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

THX Optimiser on Star Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars Movies Forum' started by Stewart C, Oct 18, 2001.

1. Stewart C

Stewart C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not seen it yet, won't buy it but what is the Optimiser like considering the Optimode was guff and incorrectly configured.

Regards

2. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,111
    Well my set is set-up using Video Essentials and the black and white point seemed to match OK relative to the optimiser ( optimum contrast is a bit vague on the optimiser test pattern though there are better patterns on VE for most things)

Colour seemed a bit more off relative to calibrating via VE I tend to trust VE over optimiser again.

Its not a bad thing to get you into the ballpark though if you don't have a copy of VE or Avia and its nice that they've started to put it onto region2 discs now. Although VE is still way more useful and that includes for PAL too.

3. Stewart C

Stewart C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I suppose a PAL set up disc must be better than an NTSC one. I too have Video Essentials and it does me fine, but we have been crying out for a PAL version for some time.

What about the sound. The optimode was out by 10db on the subwoofer, is the sound calibration a much better tool ?

Thank you