1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

THX optimiser on Sony FQ75

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by astonbilla, Apr 11, 2002.

1. astonbilla

Feb 19, 2002
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ok guys,
    heres a real brain teaser for you AV guru's. My Sony FQ75 had of late been a wee bit off. That is, the focus has started to become iffy etc. I also began to believe that the colour contrast etc all had become too dark.

Last night i got out my Phantom menace dvd with a mind to use the THX optimiser to set my TV to the perfect settings. When i was doing one of the geometry tests i noticed something really frightening. When the i first brought up the test the screen was sharp - but within millseconds the text to the bottom and the circle on the screen went smooth/blurry. I tried to skip back to start the test again (this is the best bit) When the dvd player produced the 'back' image or the 2 backward arrows on the screen, the on screen image went sharp again. Until the dvd image left the screen a second later, within another second the screen images and text had gone smooth and unreadable again.