1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

thx electronic crossover

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Louie Tantalo, Jan 4, 2003.

1. Louie Tantalo

Louie Tantalo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have picked up from a friend a lucasfilm thx electronic crossover. i would like to hook it up to my home cinema . I have 3 mosfet 200 ashley amplifiers that can be split into 6 amps. i am presently usimg a kenwood 2080 receiver amp with center, surround left, right and sub pre-outs until i can purchase a proper preamp. wondering if this piece of equipment can be hooked up and how . too many wires and screws and no manual is available. thanking in advance the person who can help me out.or if anyone has seen such crossover. cannot find anything on the net

Louie Tantalo

2. Apone

Apone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +293
    Hi

If you are talking about the THX monitor crossover model THX monitor 3417, then this unit is designed for THX cinemas.

This is a professional unit that connects into the cinema processor. Speakers in the cinema are bi-amped and have seperate amps for High and Low frequency units of each speaker. Typically there can be up to five screen channels Left,Left extra,Center,Right extra,and Right.

I do not think you would be able to intergrate this unit (if it is the unit I am thinking about) into your set up.

Anyone please correct me if I am wrong.

Regards

Mahmood

You could try and get info from THX although this unit is normally leased to THX cinemas as part of the licensing procedure and they may want to know where you got it.....