1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thx EA Now BF2 is as useless as Bf Vietnam

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by JonnyConcrete, Jul 26, 2005.

1. JonnyConcrete

JonnyConcrete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +190
    This has happend more than once to me :mad:

I start up BF2 go to login and it says server refused connection or could not connect to server and the only other thing I can click on is exit, so thats another 30 quid down the drain until they sort it.

I notice there is no forums on EAs BF2 website cos the BF Vietnam website was full of complaints cos the game was rubbish and wouldnt run properly.

Any1 know a way round or a way I can play the game I paid good money for?

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

2. AML

AML

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +229
    It seems to work for me dude! Did you actually patch the game with the latest patch? (1.2)

There was a problem with the game and if u dont have the latest patch it might not work.

Still, I know how you feel. PCs arent "plug n play" like consoles. You have to fiddle arround with the hardware and the software to get it to work.

Its a learning process. Once you get the hang of it, it can be rewarding.

Just remember that PCs are very stressfull and you need patience.

With BF2 you also need to register yourself as a player with a character name and password. Then you can log in and play on the servers. Just make sure patch it first.

3. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +990
    I’ve abstained purchasing BF2 until they release better patches for smoother play. Enemy Territory is keeping me more than happy at t he moment! :)

4. JonnyConcrete

JonnyConcrete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +190
    Yeah its patched m8 Ive had alot of play out of the game this just happens now and then.

I was playing yesterday for 13 hours and everything was fine.

5. AML

AML

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +229
    Actually I just tried to log on now, and like you kept getting rejected.

I think they were having some problems with the game. Apparently when people were loging on yesterday they found that all the locked weapons were unlocked! no matter what rank you are.

They are trying to fix this as we speak so untill then the game may not work.

6. JonnyConcrete

JonnyConcrete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +190
    Atleast I know its not my side then thx alot for letting me know m8 :thumbsup:

The weps where unlocked yesterday :thumbsup: I wonder if it was the work of a hacker.

Just goes to show you pay good money and you can only play when there server is not messed up :mad:

I cant even get to the main menu to play sp this is stupid.

And another thing while im moaning this game has froze before on the loging in screen and when ive clicked on as server it has froze trying to refresh the server info, it wont let me back to desktop so I have to hard shutdown, when I reboot the desktop loads but no icons, then i have to ctrl alt delete and restart, then it will come up with end now window, then it restarts but with no icons again, I have to do this 3 times before my PC restarts properly :mad: :rotfl: :mad:
    When I bought a PC it wasnt for games but when I started playing PC games I had to sell my consoles cos they never got used anymore cos PC games are so much better, but you dont get this much stress wit consoles :)

7. AML

AML

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +229
    I know how you feel mate!

Im sort of hoping that with the next generation of consoles the graphical differences will be much smaller therefore making console games look and feel as good as PC games.

The only thing that im wondering about is whether they will allow keyboard/mouse for FPS games. If not then ill stick with the PC.

That may seem like a silly reason but I cant stand playing some types of games with a controller.

8. JonnyConcrete

JonnyConcrete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +190
    Its letting me in now :thumbsup:

Never was a patient chap :)

9. Synchronicity

Synchronicity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    Some bloke called zero2zero hacked 5 million accounts and unlocked all the weapons because EA ignored the reports he sent them advising them of the security holes in their server software,apparently it was the only way he could get their attention :rotfl:

Was nice to try all the weapons for a day yesterday but I believe they have all been locked again now and AFAIK you have to reselect your unlock,so I think I might get something different this time ;) The log in problem was being experienced by a huge amount of people earlier as a result of them implementing the fix so should all be rosy now :clap:

edit:Just logged in for a few games and all my weapons are still unlocked so looks like they havent sorted it yet :rolleyes:

10. HAILOS

HAILOS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Really enjoyed the original Battlefield 1942, also the Mods etc.
    Now have BF2, and yes, great game, apart from the problems that need addressing with patches.
    But what annoys me is how crap it looks compared to Dessert combat(on my present system. Obviously I know my present spec is limiting me, and with a top spec machine no doubt it looks fantastic.
    But this is what annoys me, needing to spend loads of money on yet more upgrading, just to make the game look as good as 'yesterdays game' on yesterdays system'.

11. AML

AML

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +229
    hehehe. All the weapons are still unlocked! Im loving it!

I think if they do fix this I will choose a different weapon too.

*Update*
    Looks like I spoke too soon! They locked them all up again and now we dont even have 1 unlock available! They better fix that soon.

12. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +7,064
    Hoping to get my unlock back again aswell. I chose the crappy sniper which is not really any improvement over the stock ones.

Hailos, the problem is BF2 does look crap on lower quality. I have a crap graphics card so I'm on medium and low settings and it doesn't look brilliant. Some mates have top end graphics card and have it on high settings and they have said it looks amazing. So it is a case of upgrading again unfortunately. This game has already cost me some RAM upgrades and will cost me a video card upgrade soon too.

13. JonnyConcrete

JonnyConcrete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +190
    If your having trouble with the game locking up I found this on a BF2 forum

Ximontanaa

If your game locks up on account login screen, then kill bf2.exe process using this program.

http://www.beyondlogic.org/solutions/processutil/process203.zip

save the file in a DIR, say C:\EASUCKS.

Open notepad file, and type in process -q BF2.exe
    Save it as a BAT file, so as an example, easucks.bat
    Create a shortcut of easucks.bat to your desktop
    Right click on the shortcut on your desktop, properties, then click on shortcut tab. enter a shortcut key, for example, CTRL ALT END, and it will run your easucks.bat, which will kill your bf2.exe process.

Sometimes you have to press CTRL ALT DEL ONCE, just so you get a cursor (whilst your stuck in the account login screen).

Eventually, your PC will catch up and close BF2.EXE.