THX Certified?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by RICHYRICH, Feb 25, 2002.

1. RICHYRICH

RICHYRICH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    what difference if any does a THX certified dvd PLAYER make, if so how and is it worth getting one or should i just stick to a standard player such as my sony dvp s735

2. BadAss

BadAss
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    THX DVD players are rare and cost alot more than a standard player. As to wether its worth the cost depends on how much money you have to spend but I wouldnt worry too much about it if I were you.
    [​IMG]

3. Plump

Plump
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi B.A.
    since i have almost the same equipment like you, one question for you. (tag av32r, rotel rb991, rotel rb993, kef ref two, kef ref 100, kef q15, no sub, arcam fmj27, philips 32"widescreen)
    how big is your room? mine is about 30 square meters, i am not sure if sub is needed. sometimes i have feeling more bass would help and sometimes it is more than enough.
    also have you tested ref 100 or you started with ref200? i am considering replacing the centre too. since i am "behind the iron curtain" it is not easy to test all these things here. the only good sub i might find is rel150. any experiences with positioning the sub?
    well, that is it
    cheers

4. BadAss

BadAss
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    Hi Plump,
    Good to see you have good taste like myself. My room is about the same size as yours so in my opinion you should definatly have a Sub. My Strata II is good but I think I will upgrade this component in the near furure. Dont get me wrong this sub is excellent but it doesn't hit the 30hz mark where I need it. But its some thing ill spend a long time researching before I spend £2000 on one. As too the possition this is down to space but avoid corners as this tends to consentrat the bass and make it sound boomy.
    When I bought the Kef 200C I listened to the 100 and although it sounded good the extra bass drivers on the 200 sounded more natural and smoother on vocals. Hope this helps.

5. Plump

Plump
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sure man, thanx a lot.
    i will have to reconsider this sub issue well, since the only position i could use is damn close to the corners. hence i'll have to test it somehow.
    as for centre, i never had a chance to hear 200c but i'll definitely give it a try if i ever go to 7.1 (moving 100c to the rear).

you're right, hi-fi - it is all about taste!;)