Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

THX and DOLBY demos

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Salem Doom, Aug 15, 2002.

?
  1. Love Em

23 vote(s)
    95.8%
  2. Hate Em

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Never Heard Of Em

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  1. Salem Doom

Salem Doom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Okay Can anyone please tell me a site where I can download the excellent trailers for thx / dolby digital /dts?
    I may be a bit sad, but I love thesse trailers and they are good demos for testing out your kit :)
    :eek:

2. docsmith2k1

docsmith2k1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Never seen them as downloadable files - you can however purchase a dolby digital demo disc from dolbys website, with all the trailers your familiar with and one or two you probably havn't seen before.

3. Salem Doom

Salem Doom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I allready have the Dolby disc, I found some MP3 downloads of audio files to test yout set up on the MP3 download site Kazaa, the adress is as follows...
    http://www.kazaa.com/en/download.htm http://www.kazaa.com/en/download.htm
    I have found some sites that ''used'' to have them as either AVI files, VOB files, or MPEG files, but every site I have visted has broken links :(
    :mad:

4. nutcase_1uk

nutcase_1uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Have a look here under trailers.

5. Salem Doom

Salem Doom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is one of the sites with broken links, the VOB files work okay, but what is the point of ONLY being able to view them whilst online?
    I want to be able to save them, burn them to VCD, then be able to tinker with my Dolby Digital setings with them, at the moment this site ''cineworld'' will only let you get the VOBS, again the MPegs and Avis dont seem to want to work
    (I have tried geting in via netscape and Ie :()

6. Xeonic

Xeonic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What's wrong with the VOBs? You can download them, and play them in a software (hardware) DVD player, isn't that the point? Without VOBs, you're looking for a 5.1 mpg, or avi which although does exist, isn't that compatible. In 2 channel mpg or avi format, there's obviously no 5.1, so that isn't much good either...

7. Salem Doom

Salem Doom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Okay lets say I did download the VOB files, how does one save it to disc (VCD) I am using nero :) Thanks in Advance

8. msmorley

msmorley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I don't believe this can be done - I've tried using Nero to master these trailers (I've got 12 or so of them as .vobs) onto a DVD (ok, it's a CD-R really). Apparently, the problem lies in the data transfer rate from the CD being insufficient for the video and the DD soundtrack. Pity really... I'm not buying a DVD writer just for this - unless anyone knows anything different...?

Cheers,

m.;)