THX and CD players

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by hemifever, Oct 4, 2004.

1. hemifever

hemifever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the M&K S150 THX speakers and I'm mainly into cinema sound. I want a CD player, should I spend the money on a ROTEL cd player or just get a cheaper Denon unit? Will THX speakers get the most out of a "better quality" cd player?

2. recruit

recruit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi hemifever,

The S150 speakers are of excellent quality and just because there THX does not mean that they can't play music well.
    I have the M&K 851's and to be honest i am very pleased with the sound that i get from CD playback.
    So i would say that getting a good source CD player will probably give you better results :cool:

John :)

3. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,671
    THX is simply a technical specification,and will tell you nothing about the overall sound of a set of speakers,and for that matter,there are plenty of non-THX spec'd speakers(such as the Wilson range for instance)which more than meet any such spec,and sound superb.
    Simply let your ears be the judge of what sounds good for you,and don't worry about THX!

4. hemifever

hemifever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Gotcha. Point taken. I believe I may just go with the Rotel changer. It'll match the Rotel receiver and dvd player I'll be getting anway. :thumbsup: