1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thunderbirds

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by conington, Nov 19, 2004.

1. conington

conington

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Wow was I looking forward to seeing this movie, sat down last night to watch it ....... Is it just me or was this the biggest pile of dross to have been released?

So disappointed.

2. Harj

Harj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    The most awful film i've seen in a long time, I had realised that they made it a kids movie starrring kids (how long was the screentime for the thunderbirds?) but it was so awful that it was painful. Very very bad.

3. Colonel Burton

Colonel Burton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Got to agree on whats already been said here, i`m pretty much open minded and still a kid at heart but this film was just so corny and cheap very dissapointing :(

4. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So, can I ask...did you actually WATCH the movie or did you sit down with the opinion that it was rubbish before you pressed play...?

It has some great homages to the original series for the older kids amongst us...I actually agreed with the changes on the ships (If you watch the extra's, it'll explain why they did it...). Only thing that got my goat up was the obvious ommission of the Rolls Royce...

5. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,005
    Why did they have to introduce kids into it, cant children sit through a movie with adults only in the roles, there were no kids in the TV series albeit all the parts where puppets?

6. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If Thunderbirds was made today instaed of 40 years ago, how do you think it would be...? The film wasn't aimed at us, it was aimed at a new audience, most of those probably haven't seen the original Thunderbirds that we know and love...however, as I said earlier, it did pay hommage to the original series in a big way.

The most succesful of recent years aimed at kids star kids. Spy Kids, Agent Cody Banks...to name only 2. All of them have kids as the heroes. I know for a fact because I spoke to my 10 year old (daughter) that she prefers films with kids in because she can imagine herself as the hero(ine)...blame the Harry Potter films for starting this trend methinks...

7. Colonel Burton

Colonel Burton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Yeah I did watch the film without first hearing or seeing any outside comments or reviews that may influence my viewing experience, I do this with every movie I watch that way I judge for myself and not just follow the fashion of slating or praising, to say it’s aimed at the young ones is about right but I would say they would need to be the under 10's as my 12 year old son walked out the room and left me to finish the film on my own. But like every other film there will those that love it and those that hate it which is to be said about so many things in life but lets not forget that we are all entitled to our own opinions this was just mine. Thanks

8. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Which I respect...but I to also have an opinion. And it's this...far to many people are comparing this to a TV programme made 40 years ago and had puppets in it...times change. What was good for kids 40 years ago does not ring true true for kids in 2004...

9. Harj

Harj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    Plain and simple it sucked, as a kids movie as a thunderbirds movies, script, acting, you name it was bad. I saw this because I wanted to judge myself, and the tracy brothers look like some mutant boy band. This film failed on all counts, now I was a little boy when i first saw Thunderbirds (im 34) on tv and it did not have kids or simple plots.
    So what gives about todays kids? Are they dumber? Do we have to be spoon fed the plot so are brains are no longer required?

10. recruit

recruit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Damn and i was really looking forward to this Film :D

John :)

11. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No, they are still kids...but the whole culture of the 21st century is so different than it was 40 years ago. With all due respect mate, I should know. I was a kid 4o years and have kids of my own now...My son loved the Thbunderbirds film (and so did my 10 year old daughter), but haes the original series whenever I put it on. She says it looks ancient!! Well, if I was a kid when it was first, so must I be... :mad: :D