1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thunderbirds DVDs withdrawn?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by FIZZBIN2003, Mar 6, 2004.

1. FIZZBIN2003

FIZZBIN2003
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Have they been withdrawn? Seem to be difficult to find in major changes like HMV/Virgin - I was hoping they would be part of the 2 for £10 offer currently ongoing at Virgin. They have all the other Anderson series - including Space 1999 and UFO - but the only one conspicuous by its absence is Thunderbirds.

My guess is they have been withdrawn and will be re-released in the summer when the new movie is released.

Irritating as I only need Volumes 7 and 8 for a full set and I just know that they are going to change the box art when they are re-released.

Bummer...

2. bluedoo

bluedoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
  3. FIZZBIN2003

FIZZBIN2003
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I know they ARE available but not widely so - mainly only on internet sites. They are certainly not common on the high street.

They are also extremely expensive - even on Play.com - whereas most of the other Anderson series are regularly available @ £5-7 each.

I think Play are charging £12 for one volume - twice as much as I had to pay for Volumes 1-6 from Woolworths/HMV/Virgin etc.

I'm sure they will magically reapper - with different packaging - roundabout July.