Thunder Force (Netflix) Movie Review & Comments

1080 jawbreaker

this movie past my quality bench mark with flying colors.

the bench mark was can i fall a sleep within the first 15 mins. Then wake up at the end credits to ask the mrs if it was any good

Cliff

Distinguished Member
Watched it on the big screen last Saturday with the family. Not my cup of tea, and I agree with your review Cas. First scenes were OK at school, but after that everything didn't quite click. The two child actors were good and believable. The reunion as adults was flat. This was clearly because Melissa McCartney and Octavia Spencer were not matched as best pals. Octavia Spencer was basically miscast.
Anyway, the film probably got around a '6' from the audience in my house, although a 4 from me.
Its a shame because the video quality was excellent.

Har-One

As someone with questionable movie taste who thoroughly enjoyed ghostbusters 2016, is this worth a punt or is it as bad as all you blokes have made out?
I would say watch it. The good thing about art is that everybody has an opinion, and everybody is right.

I have not seen it but will see despite the flattering reviews. I did enjoy ghostbusters 2016. Oceans 8 was criticised as well. It is interesting that the Mrs are liking it and the Mr are not.

I might not like it but will give it a go. Palm Springs was receiving great reviews and I could not see it in a single seating. I felt asleep at the beginning.

bongo123

I would say watch it. The good thing about art is that everybody has an opinion, and everybody is right.

I have not seen it but will see despite the flattering reviews. I did enjoy ghostbusters 2016. Oceans 8 was criticised as well. It is interesting that the Mrs are liking it and the Mr are not.

I might not like it but will give it a go. Palm Springs was receiving great reviews and I could not see it in a single seating. I felt asleep at the beginning.

we just watched Palm Springs last night and the missus and i laughed the whole way through it, thought it was a brilliantly funny wee romcom with less rom and more com

invisiblekid

Distinguished Member
Christ Netflix, you REALLY need to exert some quality control. Blank cheques and a "meh" attitude will bite you in the ass one of these days.

Har-One

As someone with questionable movie taste who thoroughly enjoyed ghostbusters 2016, is this worth a punt or is it as bad as all you blokes have made out?
I watched during the weekend and it has a moment or two but no more than that.
Being generous there are two points that people might feel a connection. Bullies and mother/daughters parents/children relationship, where children try to please their parents whilst identifying themselves with other grown-ups in their lives.
The film is not very engaging.

Watcher No1

There are some good jokes in there (MM can be funny - see Bridesmaids, Spy, The Heat - all rewatchable and funny) but they are few and far between, and the overall film is very poor.

If you want a spoof of the superhero genre, watch Mystery Men.

Tim2049

If you enjoyed GB 2016 then you may enjoy this too, absolutely. It's not quite as horrific, but if guzzling down turds is your thing, bon appetit..

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom