1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thumping noise from Tosh 36ZP18Q

Discussion in 'TVs' started by TheSeer, Jan 27, 2003.

1. TheSeer

TheSeer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hello Everyone,

Hoping someone can help.........

I have just taken delivery of a Tosh 36ZP18Q from John Lewis. Overall, I'm very impressed with the quality of the pictures and the sound. However I have one problem that I would really like some help with:

My Tosh DVD player is connected to the Tv via Component Video cable. The sound from the DVD player is fed into the Tv via an optical digital cable and is fed in as a bitstream (to take advantage of the Tv's Dolby decoder). The sound quality is good but I have noticed a very annoying 'Thumping' sound coming from the rear of the Tv when I navigate between (say) viewing a movie on DVD and going to the DVD's menu screen and then back again. This 'Thumping' noise is absent if I feed the DVD player in using a SCART, so I think it is definitely something to do with the Digital input. Also, I get exactly the same problem if I feed my Nokia 221T Freeview box into the Tv using the Digital Input option (in which case each change of channel on the 221T leads to a thump from the rear of the telly). I should add that this thumping sound is completely absent once I have settled into a Movie on DVD or am watching a channel from the 221T.

Has anyone experienced this with the 36ZP18Q? It is spoiling what is otherwise an excellent Tv and it would be nice to know if this is a fault or just inherent behaviour from this Tv (in which case I might ask for an exchange with something else).

Thanks

TS

2. kenfowler3966

kenfowler3966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    It doesn't do it on mine, sounds like a faulty set.