Thumbs up to LG customer care

Discussion in 'LG TVs Forum' started by [email protected], Apr 19, 2007.

1. D@Z

[email protected]

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +74
    We are all quick to post when we are disgruntled so I thought it only fair that I give credit were it's due.

I got my LG 50PX4D in June from Richer sounds in Liverpool. All was fantastic with it and I have been absolutely delighted with it but recently I noticed a slight buzzing. It could just about be heard from were I sit (approx. 8 feet away) when the sound system fell silent. It wasnt a biggy and nobody else had even noticed but I was concerned that it may only get worse with age. I looked in to it a bit and it seems some screens buzz and some dont and also it seems some manufacturers will fix it and some wont. I decided I had nothing to lose by calling and finding out my position so I called RS and the following ensued (some dates are approx from my memory but theyre there or thereabouts).

Tuesday before easter - phone RS and explain situation.
    Wednesday - LG phone me to arrange collection.
    Thursday - LG collect screen.
    Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday - easter bank holiday weekend.
    Tuesday - RS phone to check that LG had been in touch and offer to chase them up.
    Wednesday - LG phone to say its ready and when can they deliver it

Following Monday they deliver it (couldnt have them come sooner as I was working away but I think they would have brought it Friday if I wished).

So Monday I have my screen back, in exactly the same condition as it left and it runs as quiet as a mouse. The problem is fixed completely.

So I make that 13 days after my call my screen is repaired and back on the wall. 4 days of which were bank holidays and 2 days delay were down to me not being here to accept delivery.

Oh and Tuesday RS phone me to check everything is ok and that I am happy with it all.

Now I dont know about you but I am EXTREMELY impressed with the service I recieved from both RS AND LG.

I am in no way connected to LG or RS, I just think that this type of information may be useful to anyone thinking of buying from RS or LG in the future. Sometimes it seems we see only the bad experiences and we dont bother posting unless its good so there you go, my experience, do with it what you will :thumbsup:

Daz