1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thumbs up for Shoot&Show (Nexnix)

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Comer, Dec 20, 2004.

1. Comer

Comer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    Well I purchased my Sanyo Z3 from Shoot&Show about one month ago and got the "Predator Look" bug straight off. When I contacted them they said they would contact Sanyo and they did and when they had news they informed me by email. Not to go into the boring details but my replacement projector arrived this morning. When I opened the Z3 box, I don't know how it could have happened, but there, in the Z3 box, was a Sony HS50. Blacks are really excellent, contrast very good, silent operation and although the overscan problem is annoying, I think I can get used to it.

Shoot&Show answered my calls, represented my case for a replacement to Sanyo, replied to my emails and telephone calls and got everything sorted with the shipping so that I would have a the pj for Christmas. You may say that this is to be expected, and it is, but unfortunately in this day and age it seldom happens (in my experience). So a big thank you to Shoot&Show and from my experience I would recomment them :thumbsup:

BTW: Every part of this post is true except the part about finding a HS50 in the Z3 box, I just dreamed that part last night.

The only worry I have now is that when I try the new pj all pixels will not be perfect :suicide:

Conor

2. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,038
    Yeah gotta say they did handle this very well.. I got mine back last Friday. So thanks from me and merry Xmas to everyone at Nexnix!

Cheers
    Andy

3. Comer

Comer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    I have just read some disturbing news on another thread here. Aparantly the firmware fix is not for the predator look but for another problem using HDMI. A member with the latest firmware update has had the Predator Look again. :confused: :mad:

4. Sigismund

Sigismund

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +102
    Man you had me going there :thumbsup: Strangely, I had a similar experience - I received my Sony HS50 and when I opened the box, there it was in all its glory - a bright, shiny new Z3 :eek: :suicide:

I hope you get things sorted mate ;)

Mark

5. ben789

ben789

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They seem like top blokes. Particularly as about an hour ago I had a phone call from them, to tell me they have got my HS50 in. And it'll be sent out tomorrow for delivery on Wednesday :).

I can’t wait :)

6. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,038
    I've never seen the predator look on mine. Hopefully it's immune, time will tell..

Andy

7. Comer

Comer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    Within 10 seconds of viewing the replacement pj last night I noticed that the bloddy lamp has a very annoying flicker :mad: