Thumbs up for Panasonic service

D

Deleted member 112123

Just sent my two year old AE700 to Panasonic in Cardiff,collected and returned by DHL in under five days. They fitted new optical and analysis blocks under warranty ,thought it was only covered for a year so am well happy! Looking forward to an AE2000 upgrade in the new year.

Just sent my two year old AE700 to Panasonic in Cardiff,collected and returned by DHL in under five days. They fitted new optical and analysis blocks under warranty ,thought it was only covered for a year so am well happy! Looking forward to an AE2000 upgrade in the new year.

Morning

So many manufacturers get quite a bashing on the the forum (some deservedly) so it is good to hear about your experience with Panasonic. When you do decide to go for the AE2000 you will not be disappointed - its stunning.

Regards

Alastair:hiya:

I came across the website for Panasonic's Projector place in Cardiff yesterday while trying to track down somewhere to replace the iris on my PTAX100, but I wasn't sure if it dealt directly with the public or whether it was business customers only, the level of service they talked about seemed a bit too good to be true if it was available to the public.

I assume from your post that they do deal directly with the public then? Or were you a special case? I phoned the main Panasonic helpline and they didn't mention it, just gave me the number of a local repair shop (who told me they don't fix projectors).

Just phoned the uk no given on the web site,seemed to be talking to a continental call centre who arranged it all,seemed too good to be true ----but it all worked out fine!!

Just phoned the uk no given on the web site,seemed to be talking to a continental call centre who arranged it all,seemed too good to be true ----but it all worked out fine!!

Will give them a call then, just seems strange that the regular Panasonic Customer care line seem unaware of this place, as I've had both e-mail communications and telephone calls with them where they've failed to mention it.

As you say, the service as described on the website really does sound TOO good, I see they even mention that they can supply a replacement projector while the repair is carried out (if requested), but if, as it sounds, they have a usual turnaround time of 5 days from first call to the repaired projector being returned it doesn't really seem worth doing that!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom