Thruxton Practice Session

lads2000

Novice Member
Hi guys

Bought my Sony A200 in Feb but haven't really had the chance to use it properly :(
Really bought it for taking photos when I go to race days and the like.

Well today it got it's first real outing to Thruxton. :clap: :clap: Where I took over 1000 photos :eek:

Well I thought I'd add a couple of shots to show you how I got on.
All shots straight from the camera. all are available in larger sizes

This is my first DSLR as I have always used a point and shoot. This was also my first attempt at manual focus. :rolleyes:

I used some of the information in the motorsport thread that is on this site so many thanks for a really informative thread :thumbsup:
keep up the good work..

I look forward to your comments.

morleymackam

Novice Member
Some nice pans there, you seem to have got a lot closer than I could at Donington.

Love the look of the Leon this year. Considering adding some green flashes to the bonnet and my name on the back window :rotfl:

mwjdavies

excellent work. you managed well to keep the look of speed without losing detail (im still learning and trying)

Dunno if of interest, but if you can get to silverstone on 7th/8th june, the renault world series is on there (tickets are free too) thats my next venture to try and get some more practice at this kind of shot.

Beachball

Novice Member
Nice shots, esp for your first go!

I went to Thruxton today, saw the huge queues and then headed off to Castle Combe... where the queues were even bigger! Even the over-flow car-park was nearly full. D'oh! So, I took zero shots today but my camera equipment did get a nice 300 mile round-trip without getting out of it's bag! :rolleyes:

alfienoakes

Well done for your first go. Looks like you've got the basics of panning sorted and kept some wheel blur. These all demonstrate a good sense of motion.

Now you've got the basics down, you'll need to start thinking a bit more about composition and keeping the backgrounds as clutter free as possible. Some of these are a bit "busy". That said, it's quite difficult to avoid at Thruxton without some long and expensive glass ;)

Look forward to seeing some more.

hilly10

Novice Member
F1 Testing is a good day out you can gets lots of shots its mostly empty by Silverstone standards. its on June 24th /25th /26th admin £12.00 they are out on track at 9am have 1 hour lunch then carry on till 5pm all the top drivers attend. See you there.

lads2000

Novice Member
Thanks for the really nice comments guys.
Have been reading these forums for a while and have been looking forward to posting some pictures as the comments are always good and constructive for helping people improve on their photography :)

I was aware of the renault world series day at silverstone and have already got my tickets ordered I can not wait :D

I didn't realise there was F1 testing was open to the public so will probably try to get over there as it's not that far from where i live.

I decided to go to Thuxton to get some practice in before I go to Goodwood as I go every year. this will be my first year with a DSLR so really looking forward to it

mwjdavies

Thanks for the really nice comments guys.
Have been reading these forums for a while and have been looking forward to posting some pictures as the comments are always good and constructive for helping people improve on their photography :)

I was aware of the renault world series day at silverstone and have already got my tickets ordered I can not wait :D

I didn't realise there was F1 testing was open to the public so will probably try to get over there as it's not that far from where i live.

I decided to go to Thuxton to get some practice in before I go to Goodwood as I go every year. this will be my first year with a DSLR so really looking forward to it
Will be at both too :)
Ordered tickets for Renault world series (My dad went last year n said it was a great family day.)
Am also going to the F1 testing on the 24th & 26th (missing the weds, need to work!) So weather withstanding hoping for some good shooting opportunities :thumbsup:

Look forward to seeing your shot's :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom