1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Throw Range V Image Quality

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Dazzler2409, Dec 27, 2004.

1. Dazzler2409

Dazzler2409

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What impact does using a pj at its lowest to highest throw range have upon image quality.

I am picking up my Panny 700 on thursday and having viewed the pj calulators online I can use between 8'3" and 16'6". I would imagine that using the 16' distance would result in an image not as bright? Is this the case?

2. Ciaran500

Ciaran500

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Larger images will be dimmer and if you go to big you will get the screen door affect.

I would advise waiting till you get the projector before deciding on a screen size.

3. xaser1066

xaser1066

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there, I would imagine that a long throw with a smallist screen would be better. True, making the screen larger will make it dimmer - so keep the size down. A longer throw will give less image distortion because the distance between the center of the screen (to PJ) and the edge of the screen (to PJ) is be less - enabling sharper focus across the whole screen area (this effect maybe unnoticable with some PJs as they may have built in correction for this - not sure about the AE700 - but a longer throw will minimise any effect).

4. Dazzler2409

Dazzler2409

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry I didn't explain myself very well.

I will be using a 6' wide screen regardless and I am just thinking of positioning. I would prefer to mount projector on rear wall and save on cable runs and ceiling mounts etc but I would imagine that the imagine would be better at reduced distance but that would mean ceiling mount.

5. xaser1066

xaser1066

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would mount it on the rear wall (at least in the first instance because it is cheaper and quicker). I do not believe that the throw distance reduces the image brightness - it is mainly the image size the reduces brightness. Cheers.