1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Throw myself or Tv through window

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by senileoldbat, Apr 15, 2005.

1. senileoldbat

senileoldbat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have tried every which way to set up dvdr, vhs,sky, as apparently have many others!. Tv has 3 scarts. At the moment, if I am recording on dvd and watching tv, I can hear the dvd sounds [whether or not sound system is switched to dvd]
    I need a Really Simple Answer.
    Thanks
    SOB

2. gerbilly

gerbilly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    Is it sky+ you have or ordinary Sky. What type of DVD recorder do you have?

3. senileoldbat

senileoldbat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Odinary sky, dvdr is a Bush 3000
    Cheers!

4. gerbilly

gerbilly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    If you have a DVD recorder and with two scart connections try this. From the TV scart input on you sky box connect your first scart cable. Connect the other end of the scart cable to the input scart connection of your DVD recorder. from the output of your DVD recorders scart connection connect a second scart. The other end of the scart cable should be connected to the AV1 or EX1 scart connector on your TV.
    For your video you should run a scart cable from this to the VCR scart connection on your sky box.
    If you also intend to record from anologue pictures from your outside tv aerial you will need to do the following.
    Connect your outside aerial to the sky box aerial input. From the output of the skybox run a RF coaxial cable straight to the input on your DVD recorder. From the output rf connection on your recorder run another cable connecting to your television.

This should leave two scart connections free on your tv.

You will also have to use the manual to set the recorder up the way you want. As I do not know the model I cant help any further.

5. senileoldbat

senileoldbat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I will not be recording on VHS, just watching tapes. Will get No.1 son to try this set up
    Cheers