1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Throw distances for HS10 and Z1

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by robfitzp, Jan 7, 2003.

1. robfitzp

robfitzp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Hello!

I am looking to get one of these two projectors to use in a room 17*11 ft firing down the length of the room.

Can anyone advise the throw distances on the Z1 and HS10 for a 6ft screen or a 7ft screen. Intend to ceiling mount.

Cheers
    Rob.

2. Underscore

Underscore

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Throw ratios for the Z1 are 1.35 - 1.6x the screen WIDTH. So, for a 72" (6') screen, the lens of the PJ can be from 98" (8' 2") to 115" (9' 7").

I accept no responsibilty for my maths. :D

HTH,

_

3. robocop

robocop

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
  4. robfitzp

robfitzp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Thanks both.

Sounds like the Z1 would need to be near the middle of my room - can it be mounted pretty much flush to the ceiling or does it need to be dropped down significantly?

Cheers
    Rob.

5. Underscore

Underscore

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought the UniCol "close ceiling mount" (their words, not mine) which mounts it about a foot from the ceiling! There may be other mounts which fit closer to the ceiling, or you could make your own but, since the image can be thrown so that the top is level with the lens (either way up), you only need to be able to tilt it by enough to drop the image onto the screen - so, theoretically, it could be mounted really very close as all the vents are on the sides of it.

_