Throw distance question

skgroup

Standard Member
I'm getting an Epson TW5500 and I have an approximate distance wall to wall of 4.2 meters to work with.

I'm looking to get a 130" or 135" screen.

If I place my projector on the wall (with a wall mount) there will be roughly 3.83 meters distance from the front of the projector to the adjacent wall.

Using Epson's calculator I require 3.89 meters distance for 130" and 4.04 meters for 135".

Is it a problem to have the projector "too close" - and what is too close? and does it even matter??!

I'm a perfectionist and I would hate to get the wrong sized screen and ruin everything :suicide:

I've made up a 3D drawing of my entire room with measurements and everything, I'm totally serious about this :)

Last edited:

davehk

Established Member
So with 3.83m throw your maximum screen size will be <130", so you won't be able to fill a 130" screen to the borders, which will detract from the perceived image quality, and the screen may be a bit bright - but that depends on all sorts of variables.

Tight Git

Distinguished Member
Welcome to the Forum.

That's a larger than average screen for that viewing distance, and might be too much "in your face".

Before wasting lots of money, why not project on the wall as a trial?

Good luck. :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom