Throw Away mp3 players

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by AquilÆagle, Mar 9, 2006.

1. AquilÆagle

AquilÆagle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :thumbsup:

I just came accross these dead cheap mp3 players. They say they are refurbished ones, but for this price these look good for just messing about with. I got one to use at the gym, and my sister took one on holiday in case it got nicked or damaged - they are almost disposable at these prices!! :eek:

1 GB for 24.99

512MB for 19.99

2. kevH

kevH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    My little lad (10) got one similar from Tesco for about the same price, he has over 60 songs on it ripped at decent rates and i have to say the quality when i tried it with decent phones was remarkably good.:smashin:

Being only 10 yr old its taken some knocks and bangs being thrown in gym bags mixing it up with muddy football boots and the like and it hasnt flinched once. Takes a single AA battery and seems to last for hours an hours cant tell you how impressed i am with it.

I havent a clue what Dac or the like it has and at that price who cares its just a solid little thing that seems indestructable and sound quality thats great. For the kids out there who just want the latest craze in music to listen to these little things are real no brainers.:thumbsup:

I just await him being about 12 or so when hes then into the fashion side of things and then wants the Ipod Nano and a Burberry Cap !!!!!!!!:rotfl: its already starting as its Adidas Predators or something or hes not playing (Lip Out)

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    cool spot anyone know if the logik ones are AAA battery or rechargable?

4. kevH

kevH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    I.m fairly sure that theyre AAA batteries my little lads is . It's part the reason theyre so cheap as theres no cost for a rechargable battery and the charger they would have to supply.

The ones in the pics look very very similar to my lads but under the name Technica.

5. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    Thanks thats better for me as i want it for the missus on holiday at £25 i'm not bothered if it its nicked and AAA are easy eough to find all over the world

6. wonderloaf

wonderloaf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Presumably these can be used as USB storage as well? 1Gb for £25? Bargain, I'm getting mine!

7. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    dunno but i may have a use for mine after my holiday

8. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    Just plugged it in and it looks just like a portable storage drive, Transfer isnt overly fast but not bad for £25!

9. kevH

kevH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    You cant go wrong with these for the money , both my kids got em and they take some hammer yet theyre still running very well . Theyre both chuffed to bits but now the elder lad has spotted a Nano at school, looks like when hes brave enough he's gonna ask for one. We're just waiting for him to pluck up courage as he hasnt a birthday coming and xmas is a long way off.:D

Great to watch em sweat !!! Are we mean ? Course we are LOL:rotfl:

10. Cyburn

Cyburn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmm 8 hours battery, I guess for a cheapskate this is good

11. Lennyz

Lennyz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Just bought the 512 one for the missus and I have to say for the money this was a fantastic buy. She only wanyted something to use whilst out running and this is just the job.

I listened to an ipod shuffle a week or so ago and this little unit wipes the floor in terms of sound quality IMHO(I will qualify this by saying I am unsure of the bit rate of the shuffle recordings as it belonged to a work colleague). I am pretty sure this goes louder than the shuffle did though.

If you are looking for a cheap player, you won't go wrong with this for £20 delivered!

12. baxter

baxter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Man, I just spent the last half hour on currys site trying to order up one of these for my eight year old daughter, at £20 it's a steal.
    I could not get past submitting my details and eventually gave up after three attempts, guess patience is not my strong point.

Anyways ordered up a cheapie from else where ( pixmania) but still kind of annoyed at currys website.

Baxter

13. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    just loaded the 1 GB unit with some songs 999MB to be precise....... spent £30 on some headphone for the missus (she has small ears) and she loves it really pleased for £28 delivered hopeflly she will like it so much she may let me invest in a proper unit some time choosing what out of the 40GB of music i have to put on makes 1 GB seem really woeful!

14. asherpat

asherpat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Seriously,

where does this leave the best thing since the sliced bread? With iPod factor on the tube (that is, how many people around me are wearing the white earphones) hitting 3/10, what will Apple sell to the masses, if 1GB is £25?

Remember only 6 months ago everybody was revelling in Apple's decision to buy Samsung's output of flash memory...

So, will this seriously hurt Apple's sales?

15. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    nah this is limited stock of repacked presumably DOA brand X stock which will run out soon i bought abrand new Xbox for £50 2 years ago from a high street retailer they are still £80 everywhere.........

16. Graythebig

Graythebig
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just bought two of these. One works fine, one doesn't want to turn on :rolleyes:

17. hmsq

hmsq

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    Does anyone have the cd for this mp3 player i got one but it has broken down, i need the firmware to boot it up again which comes on the cd, so if anyone has the cd or the addy for the manufacturer i would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance