Three upgrade availability

MrMav11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can now upgrade on my 3 contract, you can go online and use the link to upgrade and it shows you offers. I did this but all these "offers" are just exactly the same as if browsing on the normal 3 website.

I thought I had read somewhere that 3 offered some deals when using the online upgrade over what was available to new customer?

Am I doing something wrong? Is there no offers at moment? Anyone did this before and get any decent offers.

Thanks

Call them up and bang a deal out with them. I did this with EE and got a better deal than the usual net prices. Basically got two sim only deals with about 20% off and with upgraded to 1000 mins, unlimited texts and 1 gb data on on and 10 gb on the other. I also had the EE fibre broadband.

These are usually only for new contracts with a phone.

I'm sure a quick call won't hurt.

Carl.

Yeh I will but I need to be prepped to say yes in case. Basically happy with 3, but loyalty works both ways so not bothered on switching.

Worked out my data use so need a bit, probably go either SIMO or sell phone on contract, or get an iPhone 5C and give to wife

Well the 3 store offered absolutely nothing. Can't do any deal apart from in store booklet no discount/offer for current customer.

Probably best just going to a SIMO AYCE data for £19 month for now.

Maybe phone 3 cust sevices to see what deals shop said

Phoned up, nothing really stuck out, eg 5C was nigh on same as new customer, put me on my current One Plan SIMO £23/month 1 month till see what's about.

He said to stay on current One Plan as that allows unlimited tethering, but tbh don't use it much and you get 2Gb tethering allowance with new contracts which would be fine for me. Also new contracts get free 0800 etc that I don't.

You need to speak to the retentions dept, they offer the better deals to retain your custom.
Not sure what I would have got tbh though, not even sure what was asking for! Have an iPhone at mo and probably get iPhone 6, so not that bothered on a phone.

To get a phone and contract is quite expensive unless it's a specific upgrade deal for a current customer, eg there was a Note 3 deal for £25/month, I would be ok with that and use as a spare or sell if.

Call 3 and ask for your PAC Code, then they will transfer your call to the retention department where you can haggle out a deal

Well changed to SIMO 1 month deal for now, not sure what deal I want as long as AYCE data.

I'm happy with my 5S and will get iPhone 6 when comes to. Only other maybe option is a 5C for wife, would get it unlocked and give to her. Asked about this deal and was £32/month. Too much I thought, no diff to new customers

If you ask for a PAC and don't use it your contract will carry on as it is, usually they will call you back and offer you a deal. It's a win win situation as you aren't using the PAC but could get a better deal. Three used to throw out amazing retention deals but I've not heard of then being as good recently, worth a shot though

If you ask for a PAC and don't use it your contract will carry on as it is, usually they will call you back and offer you a deal. It's a win win situation as you aren't using the PAC but could get a better deal. Three used to throw out amazing retention deals but I've not heard of then being as good recently, worth a shot though
They also may not even call.

I had 5 sim only contracts in my name with 3, and cancelled all 5 due to rubbish indoor signal we were having at home and work.

I asked for PAC codes and never had one call to try and keep me.

Still worth a shot though, and as you say just let the PAC code run out and carry on as before.

Carl.

I am also out of contract but will not be renewing. 4G around Manchester is a joke and this morning I had no signal, not even 3G.

I rang Three a few months back for 2 upgrades and got pretty much nowhere, even with retentions. In the end after my to-ing and fro-ing I was given £3 off each deal I wanted which was a disappointment really. The best thing I managed to haggle out of them were two excellent phone numbers when I needed new ones.

Strange they've gone this way, then again their contracts with unlimited data is really cheap for everyone for what it is, come renewal time I'm happy to let the one plan run for £15 as that's probably a better deal than detentions or another network will offer up

They've put me on a 1 month rolling One plan at £23/month.

I think there's a cheaper 1 month unlimited data, not bothered about unlimited tethering, as I'm sure you get 2Gb tethering with new monthly tariffs, and also I'm missing out on the free 0800 numbers on this contract.

They've put me on a 1 month rolling One plan at £23/month.

I think there's a cheaper 1 month unlimited data, not bothered about unlimited tethering, as I'm sure you get 2Gb tethering with new monthly tariffs, and also I'm missing out on the free 0800 numbers on this contract.

Doesn't sound that great to me that's the standard price anyway for 1 month One plan!
I got the same 1 month rolling contract on One plan for £15 a month, you have to hold your nerve when you ring up for the PAC code, they will give you nothing off except offering deals on a phone itself (I was offered cheaper up front costs on phones was all at the first stage). Just say no thanks, want my PAC as I am going with Giffgaff or something. They put you through to the "guy who will supply your PAC code", who will try the same deals, they then "just opening up your account to check your customer details and get your PAC" and then come back with the best deals they will potentially offer you.

May have to try again then, as just going to want SIM only, happy to do a year, but want a "deal".

Tbh the new monthly tariffs for me seem better, as in free 0800 etc, 2Gb tethering will probably do, although not sure if this is on SIM or just new PM with phone contracts.

Free 0800 is no bother to myself, much rather have no limit tethering - but then it depends on personal circumstances, I rarely use it but I have to have some way of connecting up to work for support when on the road or if my internet at home packs up for any reason and it's also damn useful when we go away with the daughter as she can use her non-3G iPad if we get a rainy day using my phone as hotspot. I have used over 2GB in a couple of months last year for the above.

Free 0800 is no bother to myself, much rather have no limit tethering - but then it depends on personal circumstances, I rarely use it but I have to have some way of connecting up to work for support when on the road or if my internet at home packs up for any reason and it's also damn useful when we go away with the daughter as she can use her non-3G iPad if we get a rainy day using my phone as hotspot. I have used over 2GB in a couple of months last year for the above.
Suppose your right it's there when needed but don't use it much at all, day tips away for in car with non 3G iPads same as yourself, hotel stays away in UK is handy but apart from that... Can you really use the internet tethering from a phone to a computer, I mean the experience rather than technically? Is it not just so slow?

Yeah it works fine, not unlike wifi - ok its not as good as my BT fibre, but for getting my work email, Citrix and remote desktop it's no different than the experience is normally on the work VPN (which is essentially limited in bandwidth between all of us remote working). Found it handy when on training courses for a week as I could just stream my Plex video collection with no bother at all in the hotel on evenings

My contract finished in May but didn't know, when checking online it kept saying service unavailable but when trying with my partners contact it clearly said you can't upgrade till Nov. I then rang 333 on my contact and it said it ended May, it also says someone will contact you in the last 30 days to offer you the best deal, I never had a call or text. When I finally spoke to someone they said they just don't have the staff to contact people so why the message? Crazy. Anyway I asked for the one plan for £15pm rolling 1 month and I was told they could do it for £20 instead of £25. I refused and asked for my PAC code, I was then transferred to retentions who started to give me info about PAC code, he never offered a deal and was going to issue the code. I interrupted him and asked for the £15pm deal and he said let me just get clearance, never put me on hold and 2 seconds later said right that's all done for you £15pm One Plan on a rolling one month.

Try the same and don't let them talk you into staying with the £20pm, say your friend has just got it.

Try the same and don't let them talk you into staying with the £20pm, say your friend has just got it.
Suppose I could, but need a backup incase they give me a PAC code, I will mention that friends have this deal, would be well happy with this. When did you get this deal? Can you PM me even just for your name so I can quote, as I think a lot of people say "my friend" has it.

I want to stay with them at mo because of the unlimited data and free roaming though also. My "deal" is £23 they said last time!!

Don't worry if they give you a PAC code you don't need to use it, it will expire in 30 days. I told them theres loads of customers getting the deal and posting on hotukdeals, they will try saying the deal has changed but just state theres posts from today (the day you ring). Make sure your talking to the right department though, the one who would be issuing the PAC code. I will pm my name and you can tell them you best friend has just got it, don't take no for an answer.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom