Three ps3's two using same port (how)

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by BuBBa_FaT_aSS, Feb 9, 2009.

1. BuBBa_FaT_aSS

BuBBa_FaT_aSS
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all

I'm after some advise ref my "3" ps3's connection and port sharing.

PS3 (1) is connected wired in the DMZ so no worries about opening ports for this ps3.

PS3 (2 and 3) are connected wireless and both show NAT type 2 which is good.

Problem I seemto be having is some games require opening ports for say mic's to work or other stuff. Now one issue I'm having with PS3 (2&3) is they can't connect to the same warhawk server, message comes up "Uable to connect to host" I have done some searching and found what ports need opening, I set the port forwarding thru my Netgear router for one of the PS3's, but when I try to setup the 2nd PS3 to use the same ports I keep getting "Port conflict with other service."

How do I get the 2nd ps3 to use the same ports so it can connect to the same server.

All PS3's have static IP's and like I said one is using DMZ IP's no problems with this one

Any help is much appriciated

2. MichaelGL

MichaelGL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Could you not just enable UPNP on all three ps3s and the router? Works fine for me and I have had 4 connected at once in the past

3. BuBBa_FaT_aSS

BuBBa_FaT_aSS
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have Upnp enabled on all the ps3's and in the router menu, even tho all three ps3's still say Upnp unavailable.

Just to clarify all the ps3's connect ok and kids can play online, it's just I noticed this problem with warhawk when they kept moaning that they couldn't connect to the same server with each other. I did some searching to find that you need to open some ports, thats the problem how do I open the same ports for both ps3's. It just comes up with "Port conflict with other service." in the router settings.