• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Three poor signal last 3 days, any ideas?

big-al123

Hi, I usually have 4 or 5 bars signal strength at home. However for the last 3 days its been 1 bar, therefore slow Internet speed etc.
I am with three, I've rang them but they say there are no problems in my area.
Do they mast share etc if so who with, and could they have stopped sharing.
Just weird how the signal has been so poor the last 3 days.

Cheers

Last edited:

hardcastle

Go into your local store and they can run a 'service checker' on your postcode and ensure that 3G and voice aren't affected on your local mast.

big-al123

I had a phone call from 3 just now, apparently there is a problem with one of the masts near me. They said it will be fixed within 14 days. They are also crediting my account with £10. If it's no better in 2 week I will call them back.
I hope they are true to their word!

theINSKIP

Im on o2, and myself and at least 5 other people i know have had problems recently.
Dropped calls, messages not getting delivered, data connection dropping.

SHATNERSTACTIC

There's also a big thread on Giff Gaff community about 02 network speeds recently so seems to be effecting a lot of people. Out of interest what's the average speeds now and what are they normally on the 3 network if anyone has the speed test apps log? 02 here is usually 0.8mbps Dl and 1.1mbps ul with a 200ms ping for me. Recently it's dipped to as low 30kbps dl...

There's also a big thread on Giff Gaff community about 02 network speeds recently so seems to be effecting a lot of people. Out of interest what's the average speeds now and what are they normally on the 3 network if anyone has the speed test apps log? 02 here is usually 0.8mbps Dl and 1.1mbps ul with a 200ms ping for me. Recently it's dipped to as low 30kbps dl...

Heres my tesco results...

cae982bf.jpg

jaybro187

im on o2 and my friend on orange and on sunday although i had bars and the dot i didnt get any calls text or any emails or internet all day. then all of a sudden i got a wave of text and emails etc. it was very random same was for my friend on orange

MAGiK

im on O2 as well and tbh it is a very poor signal stregth both at uni and at home, they told me it was my iphone 4 that was wrong as it didnt have a case, so i bought a case and it didnt change anything, most of the times my phone wont connect to calls, i keep getting cut off for no reason and text messages are few and far between!

really bad considering its £30 a month, also the internet tethering is £7.50 extra a month but yet free on t mobile? im already paying more for extra data? why do they want more money for me to use my data that i dont use as it is?????

Phone companies seem like a scam at the minute... my girlfriend is on orange and sometimes gets the same problems on a 3gs, yet my mums 3gs is fine on O2? im so confused...

bobbytoad

im on O2 as well and tbh it is a very poor signal stregth both at uni and at home, they told me it was my iphone 4 that was wrong as it didnt have a case, so i bought a case and it didnt change anything, most of the times my phone wont connect to calls, i keep getting cut off for no reason and text messages are few and far between!

really bad considering its £30 a month, also the internet tethering is £7.50 extra a month but yet free on t mobile? im already paying more for extra data? why do they want more money for me to use my data that i dont use as it is?????

Phone companies seem like a scam at the minute... my girlfriend is on orange and sometimes gets the same problems on a 3gs, yet my mums 3gs is fine on O2? im so confused...

Tethering is now included free of charge on O2, comes out of your allowance. They've had a shake up of tariffs worth a look!

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom