"Three" Mobile - whats the score?

3swordsred

Standard Member
Reaction score
Three mobile have easily the best deals on the net at the mo

Also offering 30 meg a month for surfing:eek:

My question is :- Exactly how bad is the Three network and will I want to bin it or are the horror stories now over and the service is o.k?

Cheers

Matt

I find them ok my signal has been fine when ive been about various places in uk aswell as area i live in the only problem i have is i usually find it hard work getting a fluent conversation with most there customer service being india.

Im actually on my 2nd contract so they arent that bad :D and you do get a 14 day peace of mind so you could order it then return it if werent happy with the phone or network trouble free :) .

just moved over to them the other day, found them pretty good so far on the 2 occasions i have rang them couldnt fault them. They are dirt cheap as well.

After using 3 for a year i have to say im impressed with them.
apart form loosing the 3G signal every now and again as i travel up and down the country and never being able to make video calls i have had no problem with them. The only reason i left and went with O2 was because i wanted an unbranded K800 and i dont need or use 3G so i wanted to be able to turn it off to extend the battery life.

customer service 10/10 so far
features 10/10
reception 9/10 so far

all in all very good for the prices you are paying for them

All i'd say is they are great if you encounter no problems with phone or service and .........................the most frustrating, useless, obnoxious bunch of w*****s if you do have to deal with the service centre.
So good luck and take your chances and hope you get nothing going wrong.

Sorry if this is covered elsewhere, am I right in thinking that they now allow full internet access through their handsets? Was with them a few years ago and you could only access their own internet pages, which was the only reason i left...

Anyone got any more comments on the customer service, I've heard some real horro stories in the past!

I have just taken out a contract with Orange and am still within my 14Day change your mind policy.. and i find their customer services crap, worse than NTL and that's saying something!! Was also thinking of jumpin over to 3 but had also heard the horror stories and was a bit dubious!!

I've been with em from the start.
CS is good if you get someone who can speak English well enough to make sense. My family has had about 10 phones from em so far, the only broken one was exchanged the next day by a courier who brought the replacement. I usually pay about £2.50 a month for talk and text 600 (with a free phone every year) with cashback. No good if you are not organised enought to claim the cashback though.

There are some great deals and it seems that the CS experience has improved somewhat. I may quote some of their deals when haggling for a T-Mobile upgrade.

Well i hope 3 have improved I had phones with them in 2004 and getting a decent signal was a very rare event, I think all these wonderful packages they are putting together are a sweetener to pull you in once contract renewal time comes around the deal will probably not be as good

I've been with them 3 years, and after my initial nightmare with a constantly crashing crappy LG phone, it has been problem free. The customer service wwas fine to a point; but no worse than the other main networks. When my problem could not be resolved i contacted their executive office where my problem was sorted immediately with a free upgrade to their best phone at that time: Moto A1000. You cannot argue with their deals: millions of minutes a month for a small fee, and their calls were a great deal cheaper a year ago. The quality of offered phones has now improved after a real dissapointing first couple of years, they even work for more than 3 weeks now:rolleyes: I have not had to send a phone back for repair (which you will find no other company offering this kind of quick service)for 2 and a half years. Their 3g content has now extended out to big wide world, and I personally find that it works well enough. I now think that they have sorted all their problems out and will/should be taken more seriously when choosing a network.

Regards
Dazzafact Hutchinson:devil: :eek:

dudeness said:
I have just taken out a contract with Orange and am still within my 14Day change your mind policy.. and i find their customer services crap, worse than NTL and that's saying something!! Was also thinking of jumpin over to 3 but had also heard the horror stories and was a bit dubious!!

I used to be with Orange, switched to Voda to get the Friends and Family discount. Couldn't fault the customer service when I was with them. I have been reading in the past week or two that there have been problems with people being unable to get a 3g signal so everyone has been clamouring on the phones to ask CS what's going on. This resulted in excessively long waiting times on the phones..over an hour in some cases! Never experienced this myself but in the years I was with Orange, nothing broke :)

The mobile phones on offer by Three in the past have not been that exciting, which is the main reason I haven't looked at them seriously in the past. However, now that they are starting to offer some of the more sought after phones they seem well worth a look (especially given their call rates!)

Im just finishing my 12 month contract with 3, ill be going back to orange and ill tell you why... Since the moment i opened the box the phone came in its been non stop dissapointment and hassle. The reception is the worst ive ever had (ive been on all the main providers, and i live in mnachester - hardly out in the sticks) mine has no signal when everyone else has full, it drops calls all the time, sometimes it decides it wont even ring out when its showing full strength. people say they cant get through to me, although that works in my favour sometimes :D

As for the browsing, its still 3's "walled garden" affair i.e. not much use although they are adding some more sites as they go (i can now get ebay and gmail lite - dont work very quickly tho) having said that the music video downloads are a good feature... if your phone has the memory to store them. I got the motorola a1000, without a doubt the worst piece of junk i have ever had the misfortune to use... awful.

In short, i would sooner eat my own **** that get another three contract :thumbsup:

P.s. the customer service issues are a pain too, all guys in pakistan with limited english, however a nice english chap called me up to make sure ill be extending my contract... when i started to explain i wouldnt because of poor phone quality etc... the network dropped the call!

sethbrundle said:
however a nice english chap called me up to make sure ill be extending my contract... when i started to explain i wouldnt because of poor phone quality etc... the network dropped the call!

Now that's funny! :laugh:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom